Many join but do not post - why?

I have noticed that a lot of people join this site but have never posted.

Do they join to access the members only areas?

Do they read my posts and think “what a wally that ROG is, if they are all like that on here, I’m going”?

Is there another reason?

I am just curious as I had a troll through the memberlist and saw a huge amount of zero posts by those that have joined :confused:

ROG:
I have noticed that a lot of people join this site but have never posted.

Do they join to access the members only areas?

Do they read my posts and think “what a wally that ROG is, if they are all like that on here, I’m going”?

Is there another reason?

I am just curious as I had a troll through the memberlist and saw a huge amount of zero posts by those that have joined :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At least you’re aware of your faults Rog! :laughing: :laughing:

At least you’re aware of your faults Rog!

I’ve got more but this site won’t allow me to do a 500 page attachment :exclamation:

Know what you mean ROG, as I belong to a few trucking, driving and other groups where there are members who have never posted. It is not very nice when members do post and get no replies either. I know a group that thinks having 300 members is ok, even though some have never posted in years.
I usually ask members in my groups to sign in once a month so that we know they are at least looking in.

Many are spambots, but many real people register because they want to see what new posts there have been since their last visit, a facility only available to registered members. I am registered on other (non-trucking) forums for exactly this reason.

and of course many people don’t have the confidence in their knowledge to be able to post their opinions.

Thankfully, not having any knowledge, I don’t have this problem!

Alex

Every forum I know has lots of members who have never posted or just made a few posts and then gone for good.

Ive been a member on here a while now and love the site I tend to post on the photo forum or old trucks and companies forum as Im not a lorry driver YET!!! and dont really want to get in the way of those of you who know what your talkin about

P.s Im 21 and my dads been a lorry driver about 19-20 years now so its in my blood :sunglasses:

Lovemachine86:
Im not a lorry driver YET!!!
P.s Im 21 and my dads been a lorry driver about 19-20 years now so its in my blood :sunglasses:

Class C training soon then ■■? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
Many are spambots

Weren’t they the bad guys in the Transformers movie? :smiley:

ROG:

Lovemachine86:

yeah hope so ROG :smiley: some members of the family keep hintin about it + my birthday in april :laughing:

Lovemachine86:

ROG:

Lovemachine86:

yeah hope so ROG :smiley: some members of the family keep hintin about it + my birthday in april :laughing:

If you are thinking about it then send Mothertrucker a PM :bulb: :bulb: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Agree with ROG, but get in quick as Mothertrucker is getting quite a few bookings now for lessons and is proving to be very good in your area since coming here at the beginning of January. If you PM me I can give you her phone number.

Thanks ROG and scanialady :smiley:

I have saved the number in my mobile. I cant really do anything at the moment as Ive had an opperation on my right ankle and wont be out of plaster til the 8th january.

Is there anything I can do at the moment or will I have to wait til the new year?

Thanks again ever so much :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jim

Lovemachine86:
Is there anything I can do at the moment or will I have to wait til the new year?

Jim

Yup.

Start swotting up on the theory questions and the rules and regs of truck driving, so that by the time you get round to being asked questions you’ve got all the theoretical answers.
You’ll have to do the Hazard Recognition thingy, get practising on that too.

For after passing your test, read up on drivers hours regs, then find posts in here about drivers hours, Coffeeholic really knows his stuff. By the time you get out on the roads, hopefully you won’t get anyone leading you astray with dodgy info’, because you’ll know those inside out too.

Ok thanks simon, I appriciate mate

I don’t blame folks for not posting.
Everybody has better things to do than to talk to people they don’t know or can associate with in person.

As Tachograph says all forums have these kinds of problems.

It’s the interest thing.
If the forum is relevant to your interests or help requirements then you hang around there.
If it is not you disappear.

Me?
I wanna ba a trucker but don’t know how much longer I will be hanging around for here now having failed my practicle recently - no sympathies please - it’s just me saying time to move on.

Might hang around for the jokes.
:slight_smile:

I am guilty of the offence mentioned. Fairly new to the industry and do not want to make a wally of myself too soon. :blush:

Jethro:
I am guilty of the offence mentioned. Fairly new to the industry and do not want to make a wally of myself too soon. :blush:

Don’t let that stop you mate we’ve got plenty on here already most of them “old” to the industry :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just add a number to the end of your name to warn us you may be talking [zb] though :wink:

montana man:
Just add a number to the end of your name to warn us you may be talking [zb] though :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: very good!