manuel entries

i usually start at 6 pm but dont get a unit till after 8 some nites question is do i need to do a manuel entrie as to my starting time that nite etc … and is this the first one that flashes … i e after u insert card and press manuel 2 lines appear top one last withdrawl wots the second line …cheers

scottishrob:
i usually start at 6 pm but dont get a unit till after 8 some nites question is do i need to do a manuel entrie as to my starting time that nite etc … and is this the first one that flashes … i e after u insert card and press manuel 2 lines appear top one last withdrawl wots the second line …cheers

Yes you should be doing a manual entry for the time that you’re at work but unable to have your card in a tachograph.

To answer this precisely it would help to know what type of digital tachograph you’re using ie Siemens or Stonridge or even Actia, I’m going to guess from what you’ve said that it’s a Siemens tachograph, if this is correct then (from memory) when you get to the manual entry screen it will show the date and time the card was last withdrawn and ask if it was the end of shift, answer no, the top line will then sow the date and time the card was last withdrawn and the bottom line allows you to change the time to the time you ended the shift and show what the activity was.

I suggest you go here and practice on the digital tachograph simulator.

scottishrob:

No, the first one after you select manual entry is for the end of the last shift and allows you to add any time on to cover the time between leaving the vehicle and going home.

If you need to do this press okay when it is showing no for end of shift. Adjust the time to add on however long you want and press OK. Then use the arrows to select the mode you want, usually crossed hammers, then when it says end of shift use the arrows to change it to yes and press OK. Also enter the end country as UK here.

Then it will display begin time, use the arrows to scroll back to 18:00 then press OK. Use the arrows to scroll the time forward to either the current time or when you went from other work to break or POA while waiting for the truck and press OK. Use the arrows to select the mode you want then press OK. If you scrolled it forward to the current time enter the begin country and it’s done or if you didn’t scroll to the current time make new manual entries until you have accounted for the time from 6 o’clock until you got the vehicle.