Manually lower tail lift?

Anyone know if you can manually lower a del taillift? When you press the button there’s a click but won’t go down. Plenty of fluid and when you press the up button it powers up fine. Thing is I can’t get into the gubbins of it in the raised position so anyone know if they can be lower manually or do I cut the chains? Failing all that is there a trustworthy engineer in the Yeovil ish area who won’t rip me off to have a look? It’s a 1 ton column lift by del. Tried Google and YouTube.

Have you tried with the ignition on in the vehicle. Sometimes mine won’t go down if the vehicle is off, but will go up fine.

109LWB:
Have you tried with the ignition on in the vehicle. Sometimes mine won’t go down if the vehicle is off, but will go up fine.

Well that’ll be nice leave the keys in it whilst your round the backend working :open_mouth: .

Sounds like the solenoid is sticking or gone.
There should be 2 little black square boxes about the size of 2 match boxes stuck together, basically one ain’t working much like your starter motor.
If you can access them touch one and push up to find out which is which then try tapping gently with a SMALL hammer or something more likely or not there’s a bit of S h y t in it making it stick.

nick2008:

109LWB:

Well that’ll be nice leave the keys in it whilst your round the backend working :open_mouth: .

There should be 2 little black square boxes about the size of 2 match boxes stuck together, basically one ain’t working much like your starter motor.
If you can access them touch one and push up to find out which is which then try tapping gently with a SMALL hammer or something more likely or not there’s a bit of S h y t in it making it stick.

All our other vehicles run pto driven pumps, so we could be 50 feet away in a basement with the lorry still running. Been doing it 25 years and not had one nicked yet.

u may have to push 2 buttons at same time

Immigrant:
u may have to push 2 buttons at same time

I thought of The too but the Op said it just clicks so power is there just not actuating the solenoid

attach yer willie to it see how far you dare go up

nick2008:

109LWB:

Deffo sounds like the solenoid. Had the same problem with mine in the Ardale Centre in Manchester. Got half way down then stopped, it could go up but not down. Took it to the workshop, guy replaced the solenoid and it was working again. Its an easy fix though, about 15 minutes work.

column lifts can stick. press the down button to release the upward force,then force-ably hit it vertically.
although there lashed with grease, they usually wear a dry spot inside the channel.
worth a try before a call-out