Manual tacho entry query

I know you get lots of these on here but just wanting to clarify something if I can and keep it short.

Scenario is you started shift today at 07:00… you do a manual and tidy up your last end of shift with setting it to other work or whatever until you knocked off and then put it on rest until you came in this morning, 07:00… it’s currently 07:10, so you have your tacho showing the rest symbol and time as 07:00… you ok that then change the mode to other work (assuming that’s what is should be) and ok it all up to current time (07:10)… obviously make sure it’s still on other work and not rest when you take it out of manual entry mode… I assume this is saying from 07:00 to current time 07:10 you have been on other work. OR, should I have gone to 07:01 and put it on other work till 07:10?

Are they both technically ‘correct’ and one’s just more cluttered on a printout than the other? I can’t check my printouts at the moment as they are at my other place but will do. Just thought I’d ask here first.

If you started work at 07:00 and the time is now 07:10 you put other work (or whatever activity you’ve been doing) from 07:00 to 07:10.

Sorry I’m not sure what your thinking is about putting other work from 07:01.

tachograph:
If you started work at 07:00 and the time is now 07:10 you put other work (or whatever activity you’ve been doing) from 07:00 to 07:10.

Sorry I’m not sure what your thinking is about putting other work from 07:01.

Thanks for clearing that up mate, that was my thinking and what I do. Was chatting to another guy earlier who does it the other way for some reason.

andy_s:
Thanks for clearing that up mate, that was my thinking and what I do. Was chatting to another guy earlier who does it the other way for some reason.

It seems a strange thing to do, maybe he has the minimum allowed daily rest period and feels safer if he books an extra minute or something something like that :slight_smile:

Whatever the reason, as long as you’ve had enough daily/weekly rest period there’s no reason to book an extra minute, but I suppose if it keeps him happy…