manual input

seems we have the new digi tacho (doesn’t pinch a minute, think its siemens same as whats was in our cf’s), when i want to adjust yesterdays finish i end up with todays start time and yesterdays finish time on same screen.i cannot seem to get to yesterdays finish time to adjust it
help in simple plain english :wink:

This should help.

thats the lst one in the cf ,the new one gives the choice of 2 entries …start today/finish yesterday. on same screen…cant seem to find a way into yesterdays finish point.

On the dispaly you wil see 2 timings the bottom one is the start time , you can then adjust the time to your finish time from the day before.

OTS:
On the dispaly you wil see 2 timings the bottom one is the start time , you can then adjust the time to your finish time from the day before.

yep i can see that but cannot seem to get the finish time to flash so i can adjust it,

gezt:

OTS:

yep i can see that but cannot seem to get the finish time to flash so i can adjust it,

Watch the video again, you always adjust the bottom line to add manual entries on the latest Siemens digital tachographs.

Basically the difference between the date/time on the top line and the date/time on the bottom line is the manual entry you are making.

tachograph:

gezt:

OTS:

Watch the video again, you always adjust the bottom line to add manual entries on the latest Siemens digital tachographs.

Basically the difference between the date/time on the top line and the date/time on the bottom line is the manual entry you are making.

That show s how to add time on the same day
I want to adjust the previous days finish time and when i try it shows
top line …yesterdays date and finish time
bottom line…todays date and time which i can alter
i cannot get the top line (yesterdays date and finish time to flash allowing manual input to yesterdays finish time
hope i have explained it right

Gez, what they’re saying is you adjust what you call today start time to yesterdays finish time, then it’ll move the screen up so you get another time which you then enter todays start time.

It’ll also ask you for ‘mode’ so between the 1st line (yesterdays finish time) and the 2nd line (what you call todays start time - which actually becomes yesterdays finish time) you put Other Work or whatever, then between that and the new line (todays start time) you put bed.

They really are the most simple design ever

waynedl:
Gez, what they’re saying is you adjust what you call today start time to yesterdays finish time, then it’ll move the screen up so you get another time which you then enter todays start time.

It’ll also ask you for ‘mode’ so between the 1st line (yesterdays finish time) and the 2nd line (what you call todays start time - which actually becomes yesterdays finish time) you put Other Work or whatever, then between that and the new line (todays start time) you put bed.

They really are the most simple design ever

thats prob why i am having problems .to simple :unamused:
thanks for replies folks

I’m not sure if you can see it now or not but for reference, each manual entry activity is done in sequence and manual entries must include the daily rest period.

The bottom line will always show the date/time the card was inserted and must be changed to represent the end of the activity that follows the date/time on the top line.

Example
Lets say you took the card out at 17:45 yesterday then did 15 minutes other work and finished work at 18:00.
Then started work again at 08:00 today but never put the card in until 08:15

(W) (R) represents the mode symbols for other Work and Rest.

• The top line will first show the date/time the card was withdrawn.
  • The bottom line will show the date/time the card was inserted again.

_ M 07.09.12 17:45
(R) 08.09.12 08:15

Change the mode and date/time on the bottom line to the end of yesterdays shift:

_ M 07.09.12 17:45
(W) 07.09.12 18:00
This shows a manual entry of 15 minutes “other work” from 17:45 to 18:00 yesterday

Then press OK to accept the change.

This then becomes the top line and the bottom line will again show the date/time the card was inserted.

_ M 07.09.12 18:00

Change the bottom line again to the next activity date/time which in this case would be the end of the daily rest.

_ M 07.09.12 18:00
(R) 08.09.12 08:00
This shows a rest period from 07/09/12 18:00 to 08/09/12 08:00

Then press OK and that moves up to the top line and again the bottom line will show the time the card was inserted.

_ M 08.09.12 08:00

Change the bottom line to:

_ M 08.09.12 08:00
(W) 08.09.12 08:15
This shows a period of other work from 08:00 to 08:15

Press OK and the job is done :wink:

All manual entries on the new type digital tachographs are done in local time.

Hope that all makes sense :smiley: :wink:

edit: edited to correct a typo in the last but one date/time :blush:

Thank you very much, it seems you have explained it very well so i can understand it, the book thats in truck doesn’t explain it that clear :unamused:
thanks for your time and everyone else’s :smiley:

You’re welcome, you’ll find it makes perfect sense when you’ve done it once :wink:

Very nicely put Tachograph.

It’s one of those, we know what we mean, we know what we’re trying to say, but putting it into writing on a screen is sometimes difficult.

Your post should be made a sticky :grimacing: