Manual input mistake

Posted this in new driver forum and had it suggesting posting here.

Could you help figure out my mistake. I made the manual entries at the very start of my shift. It was very early but thinking back I’m pretty sure I accounted for the end of my last shift ok, and start of the new shift, but while inputting it said “24hr” which I’m pretty sure I answered no.

What happened is that as I set off I noticed the tacho reading I had already “driven” three hours. These three hours showing must have been from my last drive on the shift prior.

I think looking back the tacho was asking is this the same shift, but this new shift was two weeks from the last shift, so is it the software is not sophisticated enough to see that the last input was two weeks prior and the simple fact that I answered no to the 24 hr question some how linked the two shifts?

I tried correcting it manually, but I guess I had confirmed it so I couldn’t change it. What I then did was take a print out and explained on the reverse, and took a 45 break after an hour which reset me for the next 4.5 hours.

What was the 24 hr in the input actually asking?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120539

Well. If you are a complete Berk you may have input an earlier ‘date’ rather than an earlier ‘time’.

After a period off work, due due to illness, I manually entered a shift lasting six months. :smiley:

paberriman:
After a period off work, due due to illness, I manually entered a shift lasting six months. :smiley:

I bet you never got paid for it though :smiley: :wink:

paberriman:
Well. If you are a complete Berk you may have input an earlier ‘date’ rather than an earlier ‘time’.

It takes one, to know one…

Anyway, I wonder what tacho you used, I found previously that the tacho in a Volvo was a simple unit to use, but the tacho in a Mercedes is an unnecessarily complicated ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ to input extra info.

It was a 64 plate Mercedes.

You’ll be OK. I had the same happen with me and I just ignored it. Downloading my card at the end of the shift the Tachomaster analysis software pinged up “no infringements”.

Some tachos when you insert the card will show two sets of dates instead of showing the date it was last ejected and “End of shift?”. The top row is when the last time your card was ejected and the bottom row is the current date and time. What you enter there is to account for the time between the card being taken out and inserted. Ideally you’d just scroll across to the right, alter the time to the start of the shift and make sure the bed symbol was selected then when you next pressed OK you’d be prompted to put in an entry from that time to the current time the same as the majority of tachos do when you make a manual entry.