Manual input error

could you help figure out my mistake. I made the manual entries at the very start of my shift. It was very early but thinking back I’m pretty sure I accounted for the end of my last shift ok, and start of the new shift, but while inputting it said “24hr” which I’m pretty sure I answered no.

What happened is that as I set off I noticed the tacho reading I had already “driven” three hours. These three hours showing was from my last drive on the shift prior.

I think looking back the tacho was asking is this the same shift, but this new shift was two weeks from the last shift, so is it the software is not sophisticated enough to see that the last input was two weeks prior and the simple fact that I answered no to the 24 hr question some how linked the two shifts?

I tried correcting it manually, but I guess I had confirmed it I couldn’t change it. What I then did was take a print out and explained on the reverse, and took a 45 after an hour which reset me for the next 4.5 hours.

What was the 24 hr in the input actually asking?

try posting this on the professional drivers forum, you will probably get more answers / help.

Andrewajp:
could you help figure out my mistake. I made the manual entries at the very start of my shift. It was very early but thinking back I’m pretty sure I accounted for the end of my last shift ok, and start of the new shift, but while inputting it said “24hr” which I’m pretty sure I answered no.

What happened is that as I set off I noticed the tacho reading I had already “driven” three hours. These three hours showing was from my last drive on the shift prior.

I think looking back the tacho was asking is this the same shift, but this new shift was two weeks from the last shift, so is it the software is not sophisticated enough to see that the last input was two weeks prior and the simple fact that I answered no to the 24 hr question some how linked the two shifts?

I tried correcting it manually, but I guess I had confirmed it I couldn’t change it. What I then did was take a print out and explained on the reverse, and took a 45 after an hour which reset me for the next 4.5 hours.

What was the 24 hr in the input actually asking?

When you eject a driver card you’re prompted to do a 24 hour printout but I’ve no idea what if anything the 24 would be for when inserting the driver card.

To be honest I think you’re probably mistaken about the 24 hour thing, if it’s a type 1 digital tachograph you’ve almost certainly put yes to continue the last shift, if it’s a type 2 digital tachograph you’ve simply screwed up the manual entry for the rest period.

Either way you’ve made a mistake with the manual entry, you’ve done the right thing in doing a printout and writing an explanation on it, and the 45 minute break would have stopped the tachograph flashing you to take a break when you didn’t need one.