Manual Entry.

last wednesday i started my shift at 17.30 but didn’t get my vehicle til 18.30, sat doing nothing apart from watching telly and drinking coffee for an hour… got vehicle, stuck digicard in and decided to do a manual entry to show that i was on bed for the first hour (this company like it done that way) , I must have done something wrong because i did my checks and then set off, I had done about 2 hours driving when the tacho started flashing up quarter hour reminder for four and a half hrs driving., But I had only done 2hrs and had over 24 hrs daily rest before this shift… it was a Siemens tacho in a 12 plate Merc.
Anyone got any thoughts apart from don’t bother trying to do manual entries.
Still waiting to see if it shows an infringement on my card download.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87275&p=1223615&hilit=siemens+1.4#p1223615

Did you tell the digi tacho what you done in your rest time I.e did you show bed from finish of last shift to start of new shift ?

Had same when “new style” tacko head fitted in 07 volvo. Totally different manual entrys!! See link above, easy after that mate :wink: :wink:

bald bloke:
Did you tell the digi tacho what you done in your rest time I.e did you show bed from finish of last shift to start of new shift ?

yes, i’m just confused as to how it could flag up quarter reminder when i only drove for approx 2 hrs.

Trukkertone:

bald bloke:

yes, i’m just confused as to how it could flag up quarter reminder when i only drove for approx 2 hrs.

You must have made a mistake with the manual entry procedure for it to flag up after two hours.

Trukkertone:

bald bloke:

We’ve had drivers at our place show cross hammers overnight instead of bed and that’s how the mistake happens. Get a printout and have a look at it.

i kept a driver and a vehicle printout just to cover my aris.

Maybe the tacho was thinking of your health and telling you 2 hours is long enough, go and have a cuppa! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’m gonna write to Beverly Bell and ask if she knows about Siemens and manual entries…