manual entry

Hi folks
Bit confused why and when can or should you do manual entries on the digi tacho.

All work not recorded on the card after removing your card (ie the day before) all work before inserting your card.

Also if you change vehicles all work between vehicles.

All work includes breaks poa work.

So if I just get in truck drive and deliver then go home. Then do the same the next day I don’t need to do a manual entrie .

wally22:
So if I just get in truck drive and deliver then go home. Then do the same the next day I don’t need to do a manual entrie .

You’ll have an official start time from your company/agency lets say 06.00 time you get keys, sort paperwork find truck 10 minutes could have elapsed so you’ll insert your card and do a manual entry showing that missing 10 minutes, same at the end of the shift too.

I do manual entries as it lets me manage my time a lot better.

Sound.cheers for the replies

As above mate, I take my card out at the end of my shift then take paperwork up to the office and get info for the following day. When I get in in the morning I put my card in and it tells me when I removed my card (the day before) and asks if I would like to make a manual entry ie End Shift 15:00 - no , then use the arrows to add an extra 15 mins using the other work mode for those 15 minutes. I also manually enter my start time as I go to the office first thing to get keys and paperwork before getting into my wagon.

You need a degree in rocket science to understand this. Driving the things easyer than the tacho.

You’ll get the hang of the tacho machine fairly quickly, just set the type (other work, rest etc) and the date/time it finished, then the machine will keep asking you to set more entries until you reach the current time. It will then end the entries and you’ll be up and running (make sure you have it on ‘other work’ at this point, as sometimes it defaults to ‘rest’.

The rocket science comes when trying to calculate when you’re next due a rest break of what duration for driving hours, WTD, daily/weekly, reduced/full, split and so on. :slight_smile:

ORC:
You’ll get the hang of the tacho machine fairly quickly, just set the type (other work, rest etc) and the date/time it finished, then the machine will keep asking you to set more entries until you reach the current time. It will then end the entries and you’ll be up and running (make sure you have it on ‘other work’ at this point, as sometimes it defaults to ‘rest’.

The rocket science comes when trying to calculate when you’re next due a rest break of what duration for driving hours, WTD, daily/weekly, reduced/full, split and so on. :slight_smile:

Never worry again.

mydrivinghours.co.uk/?cc=1

Ace website should be a help.