Manual entry

Hi all and thanks for reading. I have recently passed my class one and have an assessment tomorrow. I haven’t used my driver card since the 10th December. When I put the card into the Digitacho tomorrow am I right that I just have don’t have to make a manual entry for the previous days of this week As I have not worked this week and all the weeks(24:00hrs Sunday to Monday 00:00hrs) previous to that week up to the 10th December?.

B&Q:
Hi all and thanks for reading. I have recently passed my class one and have an assessment tomorrow. I haven’t used my driver card since the 10th December. When I put the card into the Digitacho tomorrow am I right that I just have don’t have to make a manual entry for the previous days of this week As I have not worked this week and all the weeks(24:00hrs Sunday to Monday 00:00hrs) previous to that week up to the 10th December?.

You don’t have to do a manual entry for days you haven’t worked or days you were using an analogue tachograph or log book, on the last day that you used the driver card if you did any work after you last ejected it you should do a manual entry to cover that time.

However as it’s an assessment, if you’re not comfortable doing manual entries I wouldn’t bother, you don’t want to look like you don’t know what you’re doing, in the unlikely event that anything is said just say you took the card out and went home :wink:

Thank you Tachograph for your speedy reply and the good advice. I’ve only had three days of experience on the Digitacho and think your right. I don’t think I’ll bother putting in the 15 minutes for the de-brief at the end of 10-12-2014. I don’t want to look a prat. I think I’ll do that if they ask me to reverse on to a dock. Fingers crossed.

Never look a prat, just ask a question :sunglasses:
I have held my licence 27 years and used my card once a couple of weeks ago on a hire wagon that I was doing a favour for a mate (my boss was happy with it) but the card popped out at every big bump. In the road, I defected it, printed out and recorded it in my diary and a manual on an anologe disc, I have always been bib and braces :wink:
to be honest I did a quick search on here on how use a digital tacho and got the basics,
enjoy, do not sweat the small stuff, at least for the first few weeks
good luck :sunglasses:

I have held my licence 27 years and used my card once a couple of weeks ago on a hire wagon that I was doing a favour for a mate (my boss was happy with it) but the card popped out at every big bump. In the road, I defected it, printed out and recorded it in my diary and a manual on an anologe disc, I have always been bib and braces :wink:
to be honest I did a quick search on here on how use a digital tacho and got the basics,

christ what happened there?
Feel free to sort admin chaps and chappeses :smiley: