Manual entry question?

I’m 99% sure that i’m right but can i do 4 days worth of manual entries (iv’e been working but not driving) by cheating and using the question mark instead of getting an aching finger inputting all the entries ■■

bald bloke:
I’m 99% sure that i’m right but can i do 4 days worth of manual entries (iv’e been working but not driving) by cheating and using the question mark instead of getting an aching finger inputting all the entries ■■

Why
■■? What you been doing

Just to add all you need to do is finish off your last shift when driving then use the? Till the time you started proper working again.

nick2008:
Why
■■? What you been doing

Can’t say but all will be revealed soon :wink:

nick2008:
Just to add all you need to do is finish off your last shift when driving then use the? Till the time you started proper working again.

Ok cheers thought that was the case.

bald bloke:

nick2008:
Why
■■? What you been doing

Can’t say but all will be revealed soon :wink:

nick2008:

Ok cheers thought that was the case.

Tachograph or Dodgy ROG will be along soon…

bald bloke:

Apart from manual entries for the end of the last digi shift and the start of the current digi shift you can use the ? symbol for the time from when the card was ejected to when it was reinserted, legally you then need to record the start and finish times of the none driving days on charts or printouts, after 28 days you can bin the charts/printouts.

Personally I’d much prefer to use charts/printouts for none driving days than go through the rigmarole of inserting all the times into the digital tachograph.

Yes you can do multiple days on manual entry. I’ve had to do it when I’ve done 2 days of CPC. 8 hours of manual entry with break after 5 hours for 2 days.

The problem by doing manual entries by using the digital tachograph in a vehicle your actually making an incorrect record if that vehicle is used because the region for that vehicle will be stored on the vdu and your card.
If you have to make a record use print out paper and do the line chart on the back noting name etc and the reason ie office training non driving. This record then needs to be kept for 2 years by the company if used for the information for the WTD.

nick2008:
The problem by doing manual entries by using the digital tachograph in a vehicle your actually making an incorrect record if that vehicle is used because the region for that vehicle will be stored on the vdu and your card.
If you have to make a record use print out paper and do the line chart on the back noting name etc and the reason ie office training non driving. This record then needs to be kept for 2 years by the company if used for the information for the WTD.

Is that true (about region, or country I presume you mean)? Because I always prefer to do a manual entry for other work on a modern digital tacho as I find it much quicker and easier than filling out and carrying around paper charts which I haven’t seen for years anyway.

Snudger:

nick2008:
The problem by doing manual entries by using the t tachograph in a vehicle your actually making an incorrect record if that vehicle is used because the region for that vehicle will be stored on the vdu and your card.

Is that true (about region, or country I presume you mean)? Because I always prefer to do a manual entry for other work on a modern digital tacho as I find it much quicker and easier than filling out and carrying around paper charts which I haven’t seen for years anyway.

I can’t remember I did it on me phone… I was meaning that if you finish work on say Tuesday then got back in a motor Friday and did manual enteries on that vehicles tacho the reg etc for that vehicle would be entered into the vdu more so I’m not sure that if that vehicle had been used at the times your trying to enter it might not actually accept what the drivers trying to input as it would be trying to over write what was actually recorded.

The vehicle reg has nothing to do with the manual entry and it would make no difference if the vehicle you are using had been used for the period of time you are entering.

The record is linked to the driver - not the vehicle. multiple drivers could work the same hours followed by all entering it on the same Tacho one after the other and it’d work fine.

Also records of other work only need to be name, date, start and finish times. You don’t have to record anymore than that certainly not what you were doing.

Records of other work only have to be kept for 28 days and can be thrown. The 2 years for WTD does not apply to other work.

For other work days I’d recommend using the back of a print out rather than analogue charts or trying to enter it via the manual input. One piece of paper can hold days worth of dates and start finish times.

Can a timesheet with all the categories on like driving other work etc. be used as manual entry ?

SHYTOT:
Can a timesheet with all the categories on like driving other work etc. be used as manual entry ?

Legally no.

You’ve mentioned driving time so presumably the manual entry is not for none driving work days, if the manual entry is because your driver card is faulty you should do printouts at the start and end of the shift.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood your post :wink:

That’s what I meant for non driving days
other work, POA & breaks can all be recorded on our time sheets

Legally records for none driving work days should be recorded on charts or printouts, you can do a manual entry into a digital tachograph but personally I wouldn’t, it’s time consuming and there’s too much risk of mistakes imo.

In the unlikely event you got stopped a DVSA examiner may accept your time-sheets, but it would be at their discretion because as I said legally the records should be on charts or printouts.

Records for none driving work days only need to consist of the date, the drivers name and the start and finish times.