Manual entry ( breaks )

As a new driver using a Tacho is a little daunting, is there any video’s on how to put manual entries, including breaks onto a Tachograph from the previous day ?
I’m probably overthinking it, but as I said I’m a new driver.

Skytunes:
As a new driver using a Tacho is a little daunting, is there any video’s on how to put manual entries, including breaks onto a Tachograph from the previous day ?
I’m probably overthinking it, but as I said I’m a new driver.

Easier to do 2 printouts and manually put it on those then hand in one of them

We have to do this at our work (manual entry incl. Breaks entered on tacho)
Start with all the times you want to enter written down and just do it methodically. Practice will make perfect.

This is a terrible video that is really not helpful. youtu.be/GFFWddAbyeU
But if you can understand what’s going on you will be able to do it yourself. Perhaps watch it and see if you have any questions?

A diary is generally accepted to suffice because the purpose of keeping a record of the day is the start and finish times to ensure you are having appropriate daily and weekly rest.

If you do the manual entry for the full day it is time-consuming and prone to errors if not careful. It is done line by line until all the time is accounted for between last eject and the current insertion. The top line is the end of the last activity and the beginning of the next. The bottom line is the end time of the activity you are currently entering.

Until you have said “yes” to confirm the manual entry, you can scroll the full way back to check and change the entry if required.

In terms of the company you are working for, it has the facility to enter the day on the analysis software in a much more user friendly way that is not prone to mistakes. Your job is to be compliant at all times in terms of the various rules. Your diary keeps you legal and it is up to the company you are working for to enter non-EU-driving days on their analysis software. That is part of their job as an operator. You don’t have to do their job for them by entering non-EU days on the tachograph unit.