Manual Entry After Driving Van

Hi all, today I was driving a Sprinter doing multi-drop instead of the usual tacho’d truck. Back to normal tomorrow but what I’m wondering is do I need to put in a manual entry that I was working and driving today?

Cheers,

A.

Adonis.:
Hi all, today I was driving a Sprinter doing multi-drop instead of the usual tacho’d truck. Back to normal tomorrow but what I’m wondering is do I need to put in a manual entry that I was working and driving today?

Cheers,

A.

Do a manual entry on either a printout roll or an analogue card with your name date start and finish time on it

You could put driving a van if you want to but its not a legal requirement

If you are on digital it depends which type of Tacho. I would suggest don’t even try to input it - just print out and record start time, finish time, name, licence number and signature on the back. That’s then your record for the van driving. Exactly as ROG has said.

The newer VDO will let you input ? So you could input your rest, then ? For the van driving, then your rest until now.

The older VDO will let you just leave it blank so just the print out.

Thanks guys, yes all our trucks are digi.

Do I just take a blank piece of tacho roll and write on the back? Do I need to fill out the ‘grid’ on the back?

Sorry if the questions seem daft, just wanting to make sure I’m keeping myself right!

Cheers,

A.

Adonis.:
Thanks guys, yes all our trucks are digi.

Do I just take a blank piece of tacho roll and write on the back? Do I need to fill out the ‘grid’ on the back?

Sorry if the questions seem daft, just wanting to make sure I’m keeping myself right!

Cheers,

A.

Just name date start and finish times = that’s it

Ok, cheers!

I’ll get one taken tomorrow.

Another question, not related, if I drove on Friday and forgot to put the tacho to rest before I took my card out what would happen? Would it show I’ve been on other work for 80 odd hours? How would I amend this and how would I go about taking my weekly rest?

I’ve started doubting myself after reading about it!

Cheers,

A.

Adonis.:
Ok, cheers!

I’ll get one taken tomorrow.

Another question, not related, if I drove on Friday and forgot to put the tacho to rest before I took my card out what would happen? Would it show I’ve been on other work for 80 odd hours? How would I amend this and how would I go about taking my weekly rest?

I’ve started doubting myself after reading about it!

Cheers,

A.

If your card is out then nothing can be recorded on it and it doesn’t go back in time when you put your card in unless you do it via manual input.

So just watch your manual inputs and there’ll be no problem.