Manual entries on digi tacho - confused

:bulb:
Hello one and all.
If I drive on (say) Monday for my whole shift, then on Tuesday do other work only and no driving at all, then drive for the whole of the Wednesday shift, do I need to make a manual entry on my digicard to show the day of “other work” on Tuesday and if so do I need to make that entry before driving on Wednesday?
If so, is there a freely available step by step online video or similar to show me exactly how do that entry on a siemens vdo, or could someone post a step by step guide for this specific eventuality please? This just hasn’t come up before as I have been working for the same firm for about 9 months and they have me out driving daily with no days or part days doing anything else.!
Thanks very much.
Paul.

Welcome to Trucknet-UK pja666 :wink:

pja666:
If I drive on (say) Monday for my whole shift, then on Tuesday do other work only and no driving at all, then drive for the whole of the Wednesday shift, do I need to make a manual entry on my digicard to show the day of “other work” on Tuesday

In any week when you drive to EU regulations you should record any “other work” done on none driving days either manually on a digital tachograph or on a chart or printout or a log sheet if the other work is driving to domestic rules.

pja666:
if so do I need to make that entry before driving on Wednesday?

If you choose to do a manual entry on the tachograph it will need to be done when you next insert the card after the days “other work” as that’s the last opportunity you will have to input the details manually.

pja666:
is there a freely available step by step online video or similar to show me exactly how do that entry on a siemens vdo

Page 7

Practice Here

Hello again,
Firstly, thanks very much for the quick reply - much appreciated. That really confirms what I thought I remembered!
Thankyou also for the embedded lnk which was very helpful. All I can say is that this site is a fantastic resource for us relative newbies, great that some of you more experienced blokes are wiling to help us out, a rare thing in these days of dog eat dog.
Cheers again,
Paul.

…incidentally, there are some useful videos on youtube on this subject, and on Tachos generally. Hope they are of some help to somebody.

you could also make a manual entry for your day on a analogue chart, just write on the back in the same way you would if you r tacho broke, or you could use the rear of the roll, as it has the same features on it.

pja666:
If I drive on (say) Monday for my whole shift, then on Tuesday do other work only and no driving at all, then drive for the whole of the Wednesday shift…

If you normally drive under EU rules then this might have to include a break, or break(s) for the WTD rather than only other other work. Just record your manual entry as a mixture of other work and break using whatever means you choose.

:grimacing: …Thanks guys, that is all very helpful!