Manual entries ,digi-analogue-digi

How i do manual entries in the following scenario,

Day 1 digi truck. Card in and do man.entries from previous shift etc. Finish shift, card out.

Day 2 Analogue truck disc in then out at end of shift.

Day 3 digi truck again. This time how would you do a manual entry from the end of shift (day 1) to the start of shift on day 3. Im finding it confusing because of the gap caused by the analogue day.

Hope this isnt massively confusing!!!

What digi tacho do you have?on my stoneridge obv insert card, will show last withdrawn day 1 17.00 for ex. Rest until now-no, add manual entries-yes.
Then finish your day 1 shift showing rest until day 2(obviously
Select day 2 date) start off shift type In the time you started, then press ok, cycle to next available time slot and type in the time off your break press ok and then cycle to the bed symbol press ok again and then type in the time you finished your break and then show other work for your remaining day. At the end off day 2,s manual entry show rest until your day 3 start time at this point you will already have your card in, and off you go. When I occasionally use analogue it’s handy to remember the exact time you stopped and started and your exact break times write them down makes remembering easier when you do your manual entry and don’t forget to carry that analogue tacho with you! Sorry if this is confusing I can do it in seconds but trying to remember exactly what to do when not looking at it is a different matter :slight_smile:.

Edited ■■■■■■■ I phones!

So you still have to do manual entries on a digi card for previous activities carried out on an analogue disc the day before for eg. But what if you did digital one day then analogue for four days then on the final day digital again. The manual entries covering the last analogue days would take forever!!!

Thanks for the reply by the way

truckerturner:
So you still have to do manual entries on a digi card for previous activities carried out on an analogue disc the day before for eg. But what if you did digital one day then analogue for four days then on the final day digital again. The manual entries covering the last analogue days would take forever!!!

Thanks for the reply by the way

No, under no circumstances should you do a manual entry on a digital tachograph for days you were on an analogue tachograph.

When you use an analogue tachograph you complete the chart for the days activities on the chart.
When you use a digital tachograph you do manual entries only for days that you were using a digital tachograph.

Example
Day 1) Digital tachograph, at the end of the shift withdraw the card as usual.

Day 2) Analogue tachograph, complete chart for this shift as usual.

Day 3) Digital tachograph, if required do a manual entry to finish the shift of day 1,

• On a new type digital tachograph use the “?” symbol for a manual entry for the period from the end of the shift on day 1 to the start of the shift on day 3, then if required do a manual entry for the start of the shift on day 3.

• On an old type digital tachograph when you’ve completed the manual entry to end the shift for day 2, you will go straight to doing a manual entry for the start of day 3.

The chances of manually recording on a digital tachograph, the exact times of all activities for an entire shift on an analogue tachograph, including all driving times, and having them exactly match what’s on the chart is a million to one, and if they don’t exactly match you’ve committed an offence of incorrectly recording your activities on the driver card, which has the potential to be quite serious, so don’t do it :wink:

Thanks Tachograph.
Im really new to this and did my first three days of driving this week since passing my Class2.
Ive been in mixed analogue and digi wagons.

100% clear on the issue now.

Cheers

You’re welcome.

Hope you’re enjoying your new career :wink: