Manners?

I was delivering to morrisons at stockton, bearing in mind I have a fridge on and have not delivered frozen with ESL ever! I walked across to the gatehouse the chap behind the window said ‘alright drive? Chilled?’ very relaxed I says thanks for asking. The way he went off you’d have thought I’d dropped me trousers and ■■■■ in his sandwich box :laughing: :laughing: He was not a happy bunny!

What really grabs my goat is suppliers dropping off in our loading bay and then sticking it on a 30 minute tacho break. I do night shift and get back to the yard when this happens all the time. I just want to get forkie to unload me so I can go home, but no, Mr bigger truck than mine is sat sleeping in the yard.

Part of me wants to park infront of him and put myself on a 30 min tacho break, but I don’t cos I hate confrontation. So I just sit there seething and take it out on the traffic on the way home.

Wouldn’t have taken much to pull round the corner and stick it on break, or to park far enough over to allow TWO trucks to reverse in to the loading bay. Some people are just arrogant ■■■■■

gm:

gogzy:
I always try to be polite, wait my turn etc. It’s when they start getting ratty with you because your taking too long or some stupid reason I get annoyed with.

I remember a place I delivered steel to in Glenrothes, stopped outside (there’s a wagon outside but it’s an industrial estate so don’t know where he’s going) off into reception I go to let them know I’m here and get told to drive into the yard where the foreman is and he lost the plot before I’d even got out the truck, turns out the artic was going in for a full load but had went straight to the foreman, the artic guy was alright though and I only had 3 bits of steel to come off but the foreman acted like it was the end of the world.

That Bird is an AMAZON WARRIOR - one of ours fancies her big time - even asked for the runs so he could chat her up
Cheers
Steve

That the place near morrisons I think? It’s been that long since I went there but they she was polite, it’s the yard man he got in a right strop when I handed 2 bits then he went away and I’m still in the yard telling him he missed a peice, which he needed the forky for, he then started ■■■■■■ and blinding at me and for some reason that put a smile on his face lol, a 2 min tip took 15 and the funniest bit was when he came back he had brought out a pallet for the artic lol. Only place I ever had bother tipping with the steel everywhere else was great, though I did learn pretty quick to stay as far away from the forky/truck when big bits of steel was coming off lol

Muckaway:
Weighbridge bird at Cemex Ringwood; On tannoy, the most she can say is “what you want?” I was warned how sharp she can be so I replied “Big Mac and fries”. Old bag replied with “If you’re gonna be funny you can [zb] off!” :open_mouth: :laughing:

Haha I gotta try that

gogzy:

Muckaway:
Weighbridge bird at Cemex Ringwood; On tannoy, the most she can say is “what you want?” I was warned how sharp she can be so I replied “Big Mac and fries”. Old bag replied with “If you’re gonna be funny you can [zb] off!” :open_mouth: :laughing:

Haha I gotta try that

LOL This is what true British service industry is all about.

Squiddy:
What really grabs my goat is suppliers dropping off in our loading bay and then sticking it on a 30 minute tacho break. I do night shift and get back to the yard when this happens all the time. I just want to get forkie to unload me so I can go home, but no, Mr bigger truck than mine is sat sleeping in the yard.

Part of me wants to park infront of him and put myself on a 30 min tacho break, but I don’t cos I hate confrontation. So I just sit there seething and take it out on the traffic on the way home.

Wouldn’t have taken much to pull round the corner and stick it on break, or to park far enough over to allow TWO trucks to reverse in to the loading bay. Some people are just arrogant [zb]

Theres a good cure for that. We had a driver deliver to one of our yards, he backed in and put it on break. Anyhow hes tipped but bloking the yard. In comes another driver who wants to back in he asks driver if hes moving but he tells him hes on break. Our driver goes in the office and explains to the TM. Next thing they go outside and our TM tells driver on break that his n/s rear tyre looks iffy. He gets out to look and as hes at the back our driver gets in and moves it and parks it outside the gate whilst the TM told him in no uncertain terms never to have a break bloking someones yard again and then prompty got said driver banned off site, which caused his firm a great deal of hassle.

See? Sometimes the TM isn’t a complete waste of space :stuck_out_tongue:

Squiddy:
See? Sometimes the TM isn’t a complete waste of space :stuck_out_tongue:

Only a select few remember. Most couldnt get their way out a paper bag

What really annoys me is when I get to a building site, and I suddenly become invisible. Nobody asks what I’ve got on and if I get out and ask someone, they say no idea drive…simple (and fun ) solution is to pretend to undo the tailgate and guaranteed someone will shout “Not there mate, over there by the blue shed!” :laughing:

Muckaway:
What really annoys me is when I get to a building site, and I suddenly become invisible. Nobody asks what I’ve got on and if I get out and ask someone, they say no idea drive…simple (and fun ) solution is to pretend to undo the tailgate and guaranteed someone will shout “Not there mate, over there by the blue shed!” :laughing:

Oh yea that one, they notice you if you reverse onto site with no banksman as I have found out lol