Manitobia companys taking on uk drivers

Today I recieved a letter from Maximun group health for Big Freight it shows BIG FREIGHT terminated my group insurance prior to me getting back to the yard and the big show Tom did of measuring the tire tread. I was driving the last run from Ontario with no medical coverage. Now anyone want to say They did a proper look into my tire complaint. Would be a good thing to tell the drivers who are still there.

A big thank you to Cannylad for letting me post under his name.
My name is Chris Arbon and I’ll have my say about what I think on where this thread has gone.
I worked with Brentanna and admit I was uncomfortable meeting somebody like this for the first time. however after discussing the matter with other drivers; we all came to the conclusion that we must treat Brentanna the same as any other work colleague;regardless of colour, nationality and appearance. I thought Brentanna did an adequate job as a flatdeck truck driver. I was at Castlegar and Brentanna mucked in and untarped in the rain like the rest of us. When I asked Brentanna for directions to a dealer at Acheson; they put me spot on the place. Having recently been 30 kms down a narrow logging track looking for somewhere to turn round; I can sympathise with any drivers problems.
However, when Brentanna came to Big Freight there were 20 driverless trucks parked on the fence. In the months since then, Big Freight has opened a recruiting office in Winnipeg and introduced an attractive looking pay package. Now there is not a spare truck in the yard and the company, in my opinion, has started to be choosy about who is behind the wheel. Anybody putting there head up above the parapett or incurring expence to the company is liable to be replaced. Whether the replacements do a better job remains to be seen.
I’m not going to say “Let it go” because I’ve been out of a job under similar circumstances. But time is a great healer.
Rgds. Chris.

Canny Lad:
A big thank you to Cannylad for letting me post under his name.
My name is Chris Arbon and I’ll have my say about what I think on where this thread has gone.
I worked with Brentanna and admit I was uncomfortable meeting somebody like this for the first time. however after discussing the matter with other drivers; we all came to the conclusion that we must treat Brentanna the same as any other work colleague;regardless of colour, nationality and appearance. I thought Brentanna did an adequate job as a flatdeck truck driver. I was at Castlegar and Brentanna mucked in and untarped in the rain like the rest of us. When I asked Brentanna for directions to a dealer at Acheson; they put me spot on the place. Having recently been 30 kms down a narrow logging track looking for somewhere to turn round; I can sympathise with any drivers problems.
However, when Brentanna came to Big Freight there were 20 driverless trucks parked on the fence. In the months since then, Big Freight has opened a recruiting office in Winnipeg and introduced an attractive looking pay package. Now there is not a spare truck in the yard and the company, in my opinion, has started to be choosy about who is behind the wheel. Anybody putting there head up above the parapett or incurring expence to the company is liable to be replaced. Whether the replacements do a better job remains to be seen.
I’m not going to say “Let it go” because I’ve been out of a job under similar circumstances. But time is a great healer.
Rgds. Chris.

I’ve read your book Mr Arbon, so I find that very hard to believe :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brentanna, you’re lucky you never bent over to pick up the $10 bill Chris kept dropping when you were around :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Canny Lad:
Anybody putting there head up above the parapett or incurring expence to the company is liable to be replaced. Whether the replacements do a better job remains to be seen.

That has always been my position, hasn’t it? I always said that getting noticed there was a bad way to go along, mainly because the better you do, the more they anticipate you will always be able to do it. The one time you aren’t able to do it, regardless of the reason, is the day you become mud to them. So far, Chris has always been able to be entirely flexible… :laughing: (Read NMMs post)

As for the replacements being any better, well so far they haven’t been. I hear tell that a trailer was brought into the yard in the past week with four tyres missing altogether. This was pulled by one of their new recruits.

The pay package sounds ridiculous to me. We all know it is codswallop, and that the chance of getting a load that pays that is, at best, one in a hundred. I always think the best way to sort a pay package is to discuss it at the very start, like I did where I work now. Even after my accident, when I had to go on vans, I didn’t take a drop in pay unless you count the tarps. And this company seem to value people they can go to for something out of the ordinary. BFS value it, too, right up until your doctors appointment coincides with them being in the cart again.

Chris, thanks for posting. Now register for yourself…

Hi Chris, that was something I didnt think of I refused to sign on to the new pay package as it looked to me like I wouldnt be making as much it was after that that they started to act like a real bunch. The new pay package looks good on paper but when you start looking at it in regard to what you have done prior is starts to show what it really is a reduction in pay . Now that I know that they cancelled my benefits a week before they terminated me and have documented proof I know I am going to win this. I am hearing from other drivers there some under contract that want to get the hell out. Dont know what training they are doing for 3500.00 but I do know under the law you could give them 5. a month and they cant do anything as long as you are paying it off. At 5. per month they are going to be waiting a very long time to get the entire 3500 back. Hermaphroditism is not common, it is one of the rarest birth defects there is, thats why my medical records were sealed, I did not have a choice until I was 18, being a human guinea pig was not fun. With my medical record sealed they could no longer treat me like some lab experiment. This girl would have picked up the cash,there is nothing better than a 3 or 4 inch stiletto for defence and you know I always wear heels. Oh and the smell in the truck will go away after a while the last thing I did was pour a bottle of perfume down the heater sardines would have been too cruel.

Hey, on here you’re a truck driver, dangly bits/lack of dangly bits have no relevance :bulb:

You were starting to make sense and then you go and spoil it again :unamused: get over it, we all have, you’ll be welcomed by everyone if you stick to trucking stuff, especially slagging BFS off, give it a bash :wink:

I may be only 160 lbs but I will have no problem kicking you in the ■■■■ and then running :laughing:

Brentanna:
I may be only 160 lbs but I will have no problem kicking you in the ■■■■ and then running :laughing:

No need to run, I’m a big fat [zb]er, I’d never catch you :open_mouth: :laughing:

Looks like we are all bonding again, thats nice. Any one who wants to slag off Big Fruit is more than welcome.

this ones for the office we are in the one for the morron in charge of the shop and shop now

The first look at the trailer that soon will be part of BFS lineup

Hey that’s in pretty good shape!! :laughing:

And if you look on top of it, that is the new printing press so they can print all the new awards they give to one another… :wink: :laughing:

I recognise that trailer, its Foo 902, it looks like they tidied it up a bit since I last used it mind.

Hey if you see that really short brit, the one thats like 3 ft nothing, he offered me $600.00 for Herbie. I had to start Herbie today so they could clean out the parking lot, the guy who owns the landscaping company bought him for $11,500.00 cash

Would you be expected just to drive in Canada or is sending you south into the USA the norm? Anyone know? Cheers.

it all depends on the company you chose to go to ,also the work that is available to the company…
:slight_smile:
eg…the company i came over to did canada-usa 40-60%
i started off usa runs but after the first 6mnths they lost a major usa contract ,they kept the longer service guys on usa work and i ran canada multidrops for the next 2yrs till i found another company…

londontruck:
Would you be expected just to drive in Canada or is sending you south into the USA the norm? Anyone know? Cheers.

Be prepared for both.

Just a quick update when I spoke to a couple of firms at the end of last year they said my dd conviction wouldn’t be a problem in Canada but the problem could be getting across in to the USA which would make employment a problem. I have had a criminal record check done now I have to go to the americain embassy in London to be de criminalised.
I know someone who had the same conviction as me plus acouple of other minor convitions from a few years ago who done this and got the ok to go to the USA as a tourist so fingers crossed.
Hopefully I’m on the right track just got to find a firm now willing to take a chance on me now

Kev,

Yesterday I was talking to a driver who had been in Canada for 4 months, he had been nicked in the UK for having a bag of weed, he had to do the American Embassy thing and be de criminalised, this got him a B1/B2 Visa which cost him about a grand I think, I watched a TV show recently where they were in various prisons, one bloke got 7yrs for a couple of ounces of weed, so they take it quite seriously, if the bloke I spoke to got in with a drug conviction, then it looks promising for you, so good luck mate :wink:

Are you sure you want to do this though? You know you’re going to miss the A13 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:
Kev,

Yesterday I was talking to a driver who had been in Canada for 4 months, he had been nicked in the UK for having a bag of weed, he had to do the American Embassy thing and be de criminalised, this got him a B1/B2 Visa which cost him about a grand I think, I watched a TV show recently where they were in various prisons, one bloke got 7yrs for a couple of ounces of weed, so they take it quite seriously, if the bloke I spoke to got in with a drug conviction, then it looks promising for you, so good luck mate :wink:

Are you sure you want to do this though? You know you’re going to miss the A13 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A bloke i work with had to go through it for a holiday visa and said it was a pita but he got the knockback mind you he had been inside for armed robberey and attempted murder.

I think il be ok with going cold turkey on the a13 i done a long distance run yesterday to the new incinerator at belverdere so thats given me a taste for a bit of journey work lol :smiley: