Manchester parking

Hi, i have an overnight in Manchester next thursday and am looking for parking as near to Manchester central exhibition centre. Problem i have is ill be looking for parking at ten at night and will only have about one hour duty time because of other work that day… any recommendations of lorry parks or quiet indusrial estates around that area is much appreciated…

mr lordi:
Hi, i have an overnight in Manchester next thursday and am looking for parking as near to Manchester central exhibition centre. Problem i have is ill be looking for parking at ten at night and will only have about one hour duty time because of other work that day… any recommendations of lorry parks or quiet indusrial estates around that area is much appreciated…

Trafford park has parking and is 10 mins away from town.

Heywood distribution has a lorry park, as does Lymm Truck Stop.

There will be other places too I’m sure, but those are the obvious choices.

waynedl:

mr lordi:

Trafford park has parking and is 10 mins away from town.

Heywood distribution has a lorry park, as does Lymm Truck Stop.

There will be other places too I’m sure, but those are the obvious choices.

Thanks…

The village on trafford park is free might be lucky that time of night

Hi mate you can park at manchester centeral if you have got the time to get there. They have a big services yard at the back if not you can park on trafford park

The closest I can think of near there mate is if you head up the b6469 from where you are towards Piccadilly train station, you’ll go past the train station on your left and under a bridge almost immediately and then there’s a set of lights go over them and you’ll see a pub on your right called the star and garter after that pub is a big railway bridge and literally just before it is a road that shoots off on a angle on the right and runs parallel with the railway, go down there and turn left under the next bridge and you can park there! It looks a bit dodgy and there’s a few brass knocking about but they won’t bother you! Unless you want them too :wink:
Sorry if this seems a bit long winded but it’s about 5 mins from where you are and you’ll get on there at that time of night no problem, if you want a better explanation just ask mate and I’ll get you some road names, I’d do it now but I’m on my iPhone and it’s a bit awkward!

If your talking about the MEN arena you can park opposite on what used to be Boddingtons brewery,All the tour trucks park there overnight.
If its what was the GMex thats an ideal spot where the dukeofdirt mentioned plus there are one or two small industrial sites near there also off Travis St which is off Fairfield St nr the Piccadilly rail station.Another area which is nearer to the GMex is behind the Deansgate railway stn which is at the bottom end of the mancunion way chester road area.

He’s talking about Manchester Central, to us oldies it’s GMEX :smiley:

The 1 near Picc is a coach park, used to be enforced, don’t know if it still is though.

Northern boy:
Hi mate you can park at manchester centeral if you have got the time to get there. They have a big services yard at the back if not you can park on trafford park

thanks for all replies… we cant park here at the central (gmex) as there is another show going in straight after us so i have to be off by 10.30 pm… gonna try the security guard with a tenner to try and squeeze me in :wink: Is trafford park the shopping centre or is it a truck stop??

dukeofdirt:
The closest I can think of near there mate is if you head up the b6469 from where you are towards Piccadilly train station, you’ll go past the train station on your left and under a bridge almost immediately and then there’s a set of lights go over them and you’ll see a pub on your right called the star and garter after that pub is a big railway bridge and literally just before it is a road that shoots off on a angle on the right and runs parallel with the railway, go down there and turn left under the next bridge and you can park there! It looks a bit dodgy and there’s a few brass knocking about but they won’t bother you! Unless you want them too :wink:
Sorry if this seems a bit long winded but it’s about 5 mins from where you are and you’ll get on there at that time of night no problem, if you want a better explanation just ask mate and I’ll get you some road names, I’d do it now but I’m on my iPhone and it’s a bit awkward!

If you could get me a road name that would be great, ill try from there getting a post code… thanks

If you take the m 602 come off at the first exit go towards trafford park go through 2 sets of lights then take a right at the roundabout you will see trucks parked up on the left hand side and its free.

mr lordi:

here
Lake Road, ,
MANCHESTER,
M17 1TU

mr lordi:

dukeofdirt:

If you could get me a road name that would be great, ill try from there getting a post code… thanks

The road that runs past the train station is called Fairfield street, the road on your right to turn off just after the star and garter pub is called temperance street the road under the bridge is Hoyle street, sorry I can’t get you a post code myself mate, iPhones are gash!

third ave trafford park ,pub does meals ,and think you can still use the shower,though its been a while since i was there.