Man XXL 480 Info required Please

Hi All,

I have been offered 2 MAN XXL 480 2007 Euro 5 Tractor units at a reasonable price with about 550,000K’s one owner from new with service history, So what are the main problems with the MAN ■■?

Does anyone run any of these, your info would be very welcome.

Regards

JJSL

I asked a similar question recently, and here are the replies I got.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85559

As with every other truck I’ve looked into, it seems that one man’s meat is another man’s poison. :wink:

JJSL:
Hi All,

I have been offered 2 MAN XXL 480 2007 Euro 5 Tractor units at a reasonable price with about 550,000K’s one owner from new with service history, So what are the main problems with the MAN ■■?

Does anyone run any of these, your info would be very welcome.

Regards

JJSL

D20 or D26 engined ■■? there was an issue with oil pumps failing on D20,s, costly repair!!!

Does anyone have any details of the oil pump problem on the D20 motor.

Thanks

The oil pump drive gears were failing, losing all your oil pressure and sometimes taking the crank with it. Not good!!!

Very common problem. Corrib truck’s in Galway gave up the MAN dealership over the TGA’s endless warranty claim’s.Apparently Germany would’nt honour alot of the claim’s for whatever reason. It seem’s they where the only one’s that thought the TGA was a reliable truck :unamused:

Had one, great cab but drove me mad with stupid electrical niggles, bit thirsty too.

Don’t buy one i had a 2007 ■■ l480 euro 4 had to get rid before it made me go ■■■■ up . also bad on fuel 7.3 average