Man Utd Takeover?

I have been following the Man Utd takeover and I am not quite sure of the following.

If this Glaizer feller succeeds with the takeover why do the supporters think that the club will incur debts?

Glaizer is a BILLIONAIRE. He had a new stadium built in Miami for his team which cost him nothing. He would surely not borrow money to buy Utd as he has his own money and borrowing would mean interest on the loan anyway.

Utd made huge profits and are supposedly debt free.

I can’t see why the fans are so upset about it all.

I am not stupid and not very business brained but…■■?

Can we have a poll on this one with “couldnt give a ■■■■” as an option?.

I’m Tottenham myself Jammy but still interested :wink:

jammymutt:
Can we have a poll on this one with “couldnt give a [zb]” as an option?.

Agree with Jammy.

Doesn’t matter who owns the club. It will still be the fans who get ripped off with high ticket prices and ten different kits a year!

OK. Well if it’s down to the fact that their fans will be paying more for tickets, shirts etc , then I now know all I need to know!,

jammymutt:
Can we have a poll on this one with “couldnt give a [zb]” as an option?.

I’m with you on this one Jammymutt. :wink:

Poll added as requested. The result of the poll should make interesting reading and it may be closer than we think. :wink: :smiley:

SMUDGER:
I’m Tottenham myself Jammy but still interested :wink:

I’m also interested (Villa fan), doesn’t mean I’m concerned though. I think its fair to say they’ve had the benefits of being a PLC now comes the possible downside.

I’m not concerned I am just interested.

Coffeeholic:
Poll added as requested.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The news on the radio said he has borrowed over 700 million to buy them out. When he gets the other 5% of the shares (he needs 75% for a takeover he has 70%)the club will then be in debt. Which could mean higher ticket prices and more expensive replica kit and other merchandising.

As soon as he took over the american footy team he put the prices up! But he did get them from being a regular loosing team to the superbowl in a couple of seasons.

He now has 74.8% so for a complete takeover he needs just 0.2% and it’s his.

Mind you, we had Alan Sugar for a while and look what happened there!!!

:slight_smile: Check this out:

mousebreaker.com/games/malcolm/play.php

Would anyone here happen to be Chelsea fans■■? Well seems history may just repeat itself, all we (MUFC) need is to give the reigns to a Sir Martin O Niell, give him some money and let him work away, I mean, Cmon, look at his track record!!!

Kev
( A disgruntled MUFC fan)

I apologise in advance to whoever this quote belongs to but it’s brilliant and sums up my thoughts;

“Love football, hate Man U!”

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scania king kev:
Would anyone here happen to be Chelsea fans■■? Well seems history may just repeat itself, all we (MUFC) need is to give the reigns to a Sir Martin O Niell, give him some money and let him work away, I mean, Cmon, look at his track record!!!

Kev
( A disgruntled MUFC fan)

CHELSEA!!! Sorry Kev. I’m only interested in FOOTBALL mate. :laughing: :laughing:

I thought someone had already taken over Man Utd, sometime last week was’nt it? someone by the name of CHELSEA FC took over Man Utd’s attempts to play entertaining Football, took over a bunch of Man Utd’s records too! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Love Football…HATE! man utd :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

it couldnt have happened to a nicer club.