MAN Units

renaultman:
Can I hijack the thread and ask a couple of question from you MAN lads
(1) Is there an easy way to reattach the bottom corner trims on the front bumpers
(2) Do anyone do a protective plate for the back of the chassis (behind the 5th wheel)?

Oh and to the OP I am by no means a Scania/Volvo snob but am no fan of the MAN, each to their own and they are probably fine for trunking/motorway work, but that’s not what I do.

I came back off holiday to find one of my bottom corner trims hanging off, so as a temporary fix, I used a couple of small G Clamps to hold it together. It seemed to hold pretty well, but it’s been renewed now.

Juddian:
Standard pick up ramps not ensure the pin clears?

The standard pick up ramps have had to come off before they did serious damage to unit or trailer. on one unit they have been virtually ‘rived off’ This is in farm yards, not proper sites, if you lift the axle to gain traction the ramps go under the chassis and you can’t turn with out them catching the trailer chassis.

renaultman:

Juddian:
Standard pick up ramps not ensure the pin clears?

The standard pick up ramps have had to come off before they did serious damage to unit or trailer. on one unit they have been virtually ‘rived off’ This is in farm yards, not proper sites, if you lift the axle to gain traction the ramps go under the chassis and you can’t turn with out them catching the trailer chassis.

Ah fair enough, i had a set ripped completely off umpteen years ago too.

Sheet of 3/8" 'ish steel plate cut to fit over the chassis, utilising any existing bolt holes to secure in place?
In theory it shouldn’t be needed but it only takes one oversight, my regular trailer had serious damage recently due to someone not doing their job properly, caused ironically by pick up ramps as the weight spat the unit out.

Melton Mowbray to Holyhead port today
43T gross hanging beef 180mile took 4h 12mins.
VERY little that was loaded passed the 480 TGX yoke.
Computer says average 8.8mpg!!!

Sorry to change subject, TGX XXL. Does anyone how to remove the bunk stay as ours has a cracked case which we want to change. Its the bracket that holds the bottom bunk up for access to the storage areas.

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have a TGX that doesn’t have a broken ashtray? :laughing: I think they were built like that as I’ve not seen one that has a tray that stays in. :astonished:

Left hand down!:
Does anyone have a TGX that doesn’t have a broken ashtray? :laughing: I think they were built like that as I’ve not seen one that has a tray that stays in. :astonished:

(I’m gonna regret this) Mine’s not broken ! (Yet)
21 months old, nearly 200,000 km.

Only little problem (if you can call it a problem) she leaks air, after about 2 hours the auto brakes come on, on the new trailers that we’ve got .

martinviking:

Left hand down!:

(I’m gonna regret this) Mine’s not broken ! (Yet)
21 months old, nearly 200,000 km.

Only little problem (if you can call it a problem) she leaks air, after about 2 hours the auto brakes come on, on the new trailers that we’ve got .

They all do that, sir.

I’ve never had one which wasn’t down on air after being parked up for more than 12 hours. Don’t think they’re screwed together too well but they’re a very comfy motorway cruiser once you get them rolling. Too soft and rolly for back road or site work though.