MAN Trucks .

Recently I have driven some MAN trucks after a long spell of driving various Iveco Straliss , Volvo FM 12s, DAF 85`s , and had forgotten how good they are . Good solid feel to the truck , gearbox setup exellent ,all-round a great truck no wonder they are so popular , your comments would be welcome .

Wasn’t this on the other day? feels like another BBC repeat :exclamation:

Auto boxes are a pile of ■■■.

Good solid truck, but thats about their only strong point. Auto boxes are a big pile of pooh and stupid big mirrors that get in your way when trying to see whats coming round a roundabout. And whats that oversized steering wheel all about? :imp:

The brakes are very good and the engine is quiet and smooth, I found the auto box quite good going forward but poor for reversing and coupling up to heavy trailers, a nice motor but not very durable, the drivers door drops after time and the turbo’s don’t last to well.

Not as good as they used to be but that’s the case with all the other manufactures as well.

I drive a '57 plate big cab TGA and I really like it. I like the room in the cab, the seat is comfy and the drive is quiet with no squeaks or rattles (470000+kms).

The auto gearbox is not as nice as Volvos I shift but isn’t exactly a hardship. I’ve got the smaller type mirrors but I don’t think the blind spot issue is solely a problem with MANs.

I prefer the bunk to the one in my old XL gobstopper or my old R580 (which was criminally awful) I feel rested after a night out and more importantly I don’t feel tired after a days work.

I always wanted a ‘Roadhaus’ when I worked in Europe years ago and I used to think MANs were sought after. I’m surprised so many UK drivers turn their noses up at them.

Each to their own I suppose…?

W

AlexWignall:
I drive a '57 plate big cab TGA and I really like it. I like the room in the cab, the seat is comfy and the drive is quiet with no squeaks or rattles (470000+kms).

The auto gearbox is not as nice as Volvos I shift but isn’t exactly a hardship. I’ve got the smaller type mirrors but I don’t think the blind spot issue is solely a problem with MANs.

I prefer the bunk to the one in my old XL gobstopper or my old R580 (which was criminally awful) I feel rested after a night out and more importantly I don’t feel tired after a days work.

I always wanted a ‘Roadhaus’ when I worked in Europe years ago and I used to think MANs were sought after. I’m surprised so many UK drivers turn their noses up at them.

Each to their own I suppose…?

W

Here here :slight_smile:

Good comfy driving/seating position for us tall uns’, high spec & handy maneuver gears on auto boxes…

Never driven a new one, but i never understood the aversion to m.a.n trucks in the uk but having used them for many years working in germany i can say the original german spec f9o 19.462 with its colossal v10 18.3 l twin turbo motor was truly one of the greatest euro trucks ever produced with possibly the exception of the 141 v8 scania , pulled like freight train and matched by none imo.
also worthy of note was the 22.361 unterflur, a underslung motor with a walk through cab developed by bussing , very quiet and very roomy.
In short those engines were bomb proof ,mine having covered over 1.3 million kms with vitually no wear on the bores and original turbo chargers. i dont think the use of modern weight saving martreials stand up to the abuse like those older vehicles .

Pimpdaddy:
Good comfy driving/seating position for us tall uns’.

I’m 6’2" and 15 stone, and it’s the comfiest motor I’ve driven in a long time. Seating adjustment is excellent for taller drivers.

zebadee:
Here here :slight_smile:

There, There…

The fleet spec auto box is pants, but the profi spec is top notch. I really am impressed with my 11 plate tgx, just could do with some more pull, our gaffer went down the 440 route cause of no adblue.

dowahdiddyman:
The fleet spec auto box is pants, but the profi spec is top notch. I really am impressed with my 11 plate tgx, just could do with some more pull, our gaffer went down the 440 route cause of no adblue.

couldn’t we all :wink: