MAN Trucknology

I got my brand new TGX today :sunglasses: :sunglasses: but it’s got one of these console/computer things on the dash.
Does anyone else have one that could tell me what the hell it does because theres nothing in the handbook that tells you what it’s supposed to do or how you use it. :unamused:

It’s just a glorified phone.

Keeps an eye on your ave MPG too.

stagedriver:
It’s just a glorified phone.

Keeps an eye on your ave MPG too.

Yeah but I tried to use the phone but nowt seemed to happen! Are there any links to instructions etc?

Nothing to it, but it needs to be set up by your company. The buttons under the screen do all the work.

The little thing on the bottom right is the sim card, plyers needed to pull it out.

There may be a data connection underneath leading to one of those things where you touch a fob on it to ‘log in’

I bet the turbo breaks or an intercooler pipe falls of before you get the drop on the computer.

My money is on the starter motor failing before all that.

redbob:
I got my brand new TGX today :sunglasses: :sunglasses: but it’s got one of these console/computer things on the dash.
Does anyone else have one that could tell me what the hell it does because theres nothing in the handbook that tells you what it’s supposed to do or how you use it. :unamused:

All you need to know is, that the bloody thing is smarter than you! You are just a driver, all you have to do is point it in the right direction and blame the computer when it goes wrong. When the government divert the money allocated from HS2 into putting metal strips into the road for motors to follow. We will all be redundant anyway, cos your boss will be directing things from is Play Station console at home !

Can it make coffee?

My money is on the starter motor failing before all that.

I will put good money on the failure of the exhaust brake long before that.

At 100k, all seven of our TGX’s have required a new exhaust brake from the drivers that actually admit the exhaust brake exists.

Good motors apart from that. Oh, and the wiring is a bit dodgy, sometimes you need to thump the roof to get the interior lights to work. You’ll get used to it.

The telematics annoy me, each week we get the stuff posted on the wall of the drivers waiting room; who accelerates too hard, who doesn’t use cruise control, who allows overspeed to occur (even though it uses no extra fuel, just momentum), who lets the engine idle too long in queues, who brakes too harshly.

Personally, I couldn’t give a toss because it doesn’t affect how much they pay me, but it does turn into a willy waving contest between some of the drivers. For example, if (when idling) you force the revs up to say 1k rpm, then it doesn’t register as '“idling” but actually uses more fuel. However, on the telematics chart you will get an ‘A’ so it makes those particular people feel better for having a small ■■■■■.

Just a sad state of affairs generally.

WildGoose:

Good motors apart from that. Oh, and the wiring is a bit dodgy, sometimes you need to thump the roof to get the interior lights to work. You’ll get used to it.

Bloody 'ell it already has! I thought I was doing something wrong, only had it 2 days and the interior light (switch near handbrake) wouldn’t come on!! :laughing: