Man truck 2012 loosing power

Good day
I have a MAN 2012 which losing power intermittently . I have check with MAN dealer and not much luck because the problem persist . Their diagnosis said something about throttle control but they weren’t sure . Any help or advise will be much appreciated. Thanks

I don’t know if it’ll be on your version, but does it have an “eco drive” feature? If it does, go through the settings menu and turn it off.

If it’s one of those EGR-only contraptions, then sell it quick. It’s probably about to blow up.

It could be many things, a sticky turbo wastegate, intermittent low fuel rail pressure caused by a sticky injector, air mass meter fault ect. It needs to be plugged in, the codes read and cleared and then driven again until the fault reappears .

GasGas:
If it’s one of those EGR-only contraptions, then sell it quick. It’s probably about to blow up.

I was going to say it’s probably an EGR fault, I have a similar problem with my truck, when I start from a weekend off duty and the engine is cool I find it doesn’t seem to have the power, a check engine light will come on and also a solid engine light whish refers to the DEF (ad blue) system, after about 5 miles the power is returned and the engine lights go out. Each time I go to the workshop with the fault it shows no faults so nothing can be done. The genius mechanic we have says it just needs a new air filter and get to him when I can. Problem is I keep the truck at home and I live 100 miles from the terminal where he works.
Just carry on until you can get them to see the fault on there computer.

It might be the exhaust brake flap sticking partially shut…wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened on an MAN of that vintage.

IHaulage:
Good day
I have a MAN 2012 which losing power intermittently . I have check with MAN dealer and not much luck because the problem persist . Their diagnosis said something about throttle control but they weren’t sure . Any help or advise will be much appreciated. Thanks

It’s a MAN end of

So there’s summink to be said for the old Gardners, Leylands etc. :wink:

I thought Man support and servicing was supposed to be 10x better then the competition, surprised they can’t solve it. Admittedly that is a from their own mouths. I have only delt with Scania and daf which are poor.