MAN touchscreen radio not working

I’ve got a 2017 TGX with the touchscreen multimedia system. I’ve had no problems using it… until today.

Radio was on and working fine. I switched off for my afternoon nap. When I started up again the radio wouldn’t work. Everything else; sat-nav, phone, playing music via Bluetooth etc is working fine… just no radio. Where it used to say the preset station names, it’s now just six blank spaces.

Halp meh!

Contraflow:
I’ve got a 2017 TGX with the touchscreen multimedia system. I’ve had no problems using it… until today.

Radio was on and working fine. I switched off for my afternoon nap. When I started up again the radio wouldn’t work. Everything else; sat-nav, phone, playing music via Bluetooth etc is working fine… just no radio. Where it used to say the preset station names, it’s now just six blank spaces.

Halp meh!

Have you tried going into the setup menu and doing a “factory reset”?

MAN electronics not working, get used to it id say.

I swapped my brand new one for a 2 year old volvo when work gave me the choice.

Roymondo:
Have you tried going into the setup menu and doing a “factory reset”?

Yep. Still no joy.

New cab on it monkey boy :sunglasses:

Agency…

Can you store new stations on the presets? If so, probably a faulty internal battery. If not, probably a tuner or aerial fault. If you can’t be arsed, just use the station list button and select what you want.

Nope, list is empty. Can’t do anything with it.

[zb]ing piece of [zb] is only six months old.

Contraflow:
Nope, list is empty. Can’t do anything with it.

[zb]ing piece of [zb] is only six months old.

Forgot to ask about manual tuning, can you do that? TBH, I doubt it would matter if you could. Its sounding like a workshop job either way.

Contraflow:

Halp meh!

You tried the kill-switch at battery for couple of mins??
This one does similar every once in a while but a factory reset cures it.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

wait, I have an idea …

I’ve noticed…

That the steering wheel controls for the radio stop working after a few hours with these new touchscreen MANs.

Ok, not a job stopper but signs of poor quality build which MANs are famous for.

So today I parked in the same layby that I had my afternoon nap in the other day when it stopped working.

When I woke up and started up again, the radio came back to life. Strange. It’s either a coincidence or that layby disables and enables my radio.

Contraflow:
So today I parked in the same layby that I had my afternoon nap in the other day when it stopped working.

When I woke up and started up again, the radio came back to life. Strange. It’s either a coincidence or that layby disables and enables my radio.

Your boss has a spy camera fitted and he’s playing with your head.

Contraflow:

Fylingdales is probably behind the bush :laughing: