MAN TGX

stupid question (maybe), but I keep seeing references to wide and narrow cab when looking for a set of cab curtains - can anybody tell me the difference (TGX) ta.

Get the wide cab curtains they’re be wider and believe me you’ll need them to cover those stupid little windows behind the seats when you pull them at night.

Cheers BB

Can i hijack your thread? How the ■■■■ does the exhaust brake work exactly? The button pedal isnt reachable when driving :open_mouth: and the right stalk don’t seem to turn it on. I normally use the exhaust brake/down shift a lot to control speed on my daf but need to ride the brakes on this tgx :neutral_face:

merc0447:
Can i hijack your thread? How the [zb] does the exhaust brake work exactly? The button pedal isnt reachable when driving :open_mouth: and the right stalk don’t seem to turn it on. I normally use the exhaust brake/down shift a lot to control speed on my daf but need to ride the brakes on this tgx :neutral_face:

Push the button in at the end of the right hand stalk. Thats how mine work.

Wide cab , Full width of truck. Narrow cab has slight wings and is slightly narrower :smiley: .

As said get the wide curtains as they will cover the stupid wee windows on the side quarters.

Merc - the engine brake is on the right hand stalk , push it in at the end and is should work ?.

There is a button on dash to turn it off , but it reverts to the ON position when the truck is turned off.

The button thing on the floor does nothing !!
It was the way of adjusting the steering wheel on the older TGA and they used the same rubber floor mat in the TGX.

Thanks Dingo

dingo:
As said get the wide curtains as they will cover the stupid wee windows on the side quarters.

If I had my own MAN i would blank those windows out as the curtains and curtain rail are not long enough.

Hi guys does anybody know we’re I can get some interior covers to block out light from the rear quarter windows . I’ve seen some on a downtons tgx .have looked on the net and can’t find any cheers

chris a:
Hi guys does anybody know we’re I can get some interior covers to block out light from the rear quarter windows . I’ve seen some on a downtons tgx .have looked on the net and can’t find any cheers

more than likely home made fella :wink:

I like those side windows and the ones at the top, makes them feel bright and airy.

Saaamon:
I like those side windows and the ones at the top, makes them feel bright and airy.

+1 especially with the cab curtains folded back from the quater lights, I feel I’ve got just that little extra vision.

Obviously, better and more professional drivers than me prefer to obscure their cab windows with their curtains…

W