MAN TGX

Just inherited one of these, 15 plate, never really driven MAN’s before.

After the 1st week with it…seems ok on the Motorway…not great once off them…gearbox is ponderous to say the least…seems a lot of cab roll as well.

Anyway…one thing I haven’t worked out yet…how to open the front grill… :blush: Any one care to share?

Also, don’t suppose anyone knows of an online manual for them…the handbook seems to have gone missing.

The bonnet catch , Look under steering wheel to the right it’s just about where your right knee is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To open the grill, there is a small lever to the right of the foot pedal accelerator .
To black out the silly little window on the left and right at the back of the cab, buy some sticky back plastic, in black , to keep the sunlight out and keep the cab warmer .
Some certain models of MAN`S are prone to EGR engine problems with engine problems of coolant or oil leaks .
When fiddling with auto cruise on the motorway, the button on the steering wheel gets muddled up and the speed will kick down, then you have to faff with the button to get the auto cruise back again .

I would not bother messing with the times on the night heater, unless fully trained by a NASA technician .
There is a huge blind spot on the passenger side , this is caused by the very thick door pillar, be wary of pulling out on T junctions as this pillar will prevent you seeing a fast moving car or motorbike .

This video shows the catch, albeit for a left ■■■■■■ TGL but you’ll get the idea.

about 10 seconds in…

Don’t stand under…

The bonnet if it’s been raining, you’ll end up soaked. Flip it up and stand back.

You have been warned.

toby1234abc:
To open the grill, there is a small lever to the right of the foot pedal accelerator .
To black out the silly little window on the left and right at the back of the cab, buy some sticky back plastic, in black , to keep the sunlight out and keep the cab warmer .
Some certain models of MAN`S are prone to EGR engine problems with engine problems of coolant or oil leaks .
When fiddling with auto cruise on the motorway, the button on the steering wheel gets muddled up and the speed will kick down, then you have to faff with the button to get the auto cruise back again .

I would not bother messing with the times on the night heater, unless fully trained by a NASA technician .
There is a huge blind spot on the passenger side , this is caused by the very thick door pillar, be wary of pulling out on T junctions as this pillar will prevent you seeing a fast moving car or motorbike .

I had a Centenary edition for a while at Mark Thompson’s.

On one occasion a solar eclipse and a football match happened behind my n/s door pillar and barn door mirror. Never saw it though…