Man tgx radio problem

So i came into work yesterday morning to find that the radio wont switch on. It was fine before that. Any ideas what the problem is?
Truck is a 67 plate man tgx
Cheers
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switch the master switch on the battery box off, leave for a minute and turn back on. Should do the trick. Mine is having problems with Gremlins now, only yesterday the radio changed itself to the BBC Asian network and would not select any other radio station. Just as I was about to kill myself I pulled in and did the master switch thing. Worked fine after that.

the maoster:
Switch the master switch on the battery box off, leave for a minute and turn back on. Should do the trick. Mine is having problems with Gremlins now, only yesterday the radio changed itself to the BBC Asian network and would not select any other radio station. Just as I was about to kill myself I pulled in and did the master switch thing. Worked fine after that.

My 18plt works in a different time zone and the clock keeps losing time on the radio
Also doesn’t help if the truck is used for tramping as the night heater and fridge are used a lot more
Yes I’ve got a fridge [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my truck

Been given one of these to drive from my employe as my daf is in for repair , any idea how to set up new Bluetooth connection? When I go to Bluetooth I can’t pair new device the option is just blacked out . Also the last 2 days after 6/7 hours of my shift I get a engine unit malfunction warning light , off topic I know but any ideas what could be causing it ? Goes back off if I turn the engine off and back on .

Mine stopped working when I gave it a wipe down with a dashboard wipe. After a few hours it decided to come.back on again and work as.normal.

May sound obvious but have you checked the fuse?

Df91:
Been given one of these to drive from my employe as my daf is in for repair , any idea how to set up new Bluetooth connection? When I go to Bluetooth I can’t pair new device the option is just blacked out . Also the last 2 days after 6/7 hours of my shift I get a engine unit malfunction warning light , off topic I know but any ideas what could be causing it ? Goes back off if I turn the engine off and back on .

What’s the age of the truck ?

Sent from my truck

blue estate:

Df91:

It’s a 66 plate .
Sent from my truck

Df91:

blue estate:

Df91:

It’s a 66 plate .
Sent from my truck

Are you sure the BT is turned on

Sent from my truck

Bluetooth will only take.phonecalls won’t play music etc is rubbish really.
Basically its just hands free.

Press phone button
Then get a menu press connect my phone turn Bluetooth on your phone and it should.pick it up.
Or if not select search for my phone then press on your phone should work.
When it’s connected your hear a loud beep and.your done.

As say all.it will do is connect your phone for.calls it won’t play music or anything elese

Df91:

There is a maximum number of devices that can be linked to the radio, only about 6 I think. If it’s got 6 other devices stored you won’t be able to connect yours until you’ve deleted at least one.

edd1974:
Bluetooth will only take.phonecalls won’t play music etc is rubbish really.
Basically its just hands free.

Press phone button
Then get a menu press connect my phone turn Bluetooth on your phone and it should.pick it up.
Or if not select search for my phone then press on your phone should work.
When it’s connected your hear a loud beep and.your done.

As say all.it will do is connect your phone for.calls it won’t play music or anything elese

My 18 plate radio does hands free and audio. I’m not in my truck so I can’t say for sure but I seem to think when you are connecting your phone you can set it up for just hands free or hands free and audio. I can’t remember the exact wording but it’s along those lines.
Mines got sat nav so is a bit higher spec than standard but I’m sure if it’s got Bluetooth already then it can do both.

In mine its calls only… apparently the audio is an added extra

nomiS36:

Df91:

There is a maximum number of devices that can be linked to the radio, only about 6 I think. If it’s got 6 other devices stored you won’t be able to connect yours until you’ve deleted at least one.

Yeah it has others as paired devices and 6 sounds about right . I’ll delete one and try pairing my phone again . Cheers !

Mines 18reg. I posted ages ago asking how to play music though it…tried all the suggestion and worked out you can’t.
Unless I transfer songs to an SD card has it has SD memory card slot.
Think mines basic model as doesnt have sat nav

Recently upgraded my phone to Motorola and it has a great loudspeaker so all good really

Thanks lads ill have a play tomorrow

Yup needed isolating
Thanks

^^^^ ta da :smiley:

Maybe try a reboot by removing the relay switch for the radio from the fuse box then walk away with it from the truck for half an hour and take the ignition keys with you .
The same problem happens with the Scania new gen .