MAN TGX heater stuck on

Left Leeds this morning, and thought it was a tad warm in the hire motor, so turned it to cool and put the air con on, but it doesn’t appear to work, and the heating is still on hot, despite the dial saying otherwise.

Apart from opening the window or sunroof, anyone got an idea what the problem is?

Don’t fancy the journey back, sweating my nads off.

Ken.

It’s a MAN :slight_smile:

MY only thought is to lift the bonnet and see if you can find the valve that controls the heater supply…often enough Scania cables slip or pop out like this, so manually adjust the valve shut…unfortunately knowing MAN they will have put some silly little control instead of a normal cable jobbie that can be worked around with a bit of string.

Othewise its windows and sunroof open, though can’t you switch the air supply off completely to lessen throughput, again relying on windows open for the return trip.

:laughing:
Sorry to laugh but it reminded me when I was on agency and I took a MAN rigid from Croydon to Basingstoke, the drivers window was down when I got in it and I left it down when driving round the yard but when i got on the m25 I went to do it up but it wasn’t moving, ■■■■■■■ down with rain in the middle of winter, I was not happy.