MAN TGX electronic park brake tips

From Monday im driving a 2021 TGX with the electronic park .
Any tips for general driving in traffic etc as I’ve been told by my mate who drives a 23plt one they take an age to disengage :slightly_frowning_face:
Would using hill assist be the best thing ?
I’ve driven older last gen TGX’s and I’m coming out of an 70plt XF
Already loving the extra locker space

If anything like the next gen daf and Volvo’s, then just press the accelerator and go, yes there is a momentary delay while the brake disengages but no different to an electric parking brake in a car tbh. If there isn’t enough air then you may need to press and hold the switch to manually release it. Hill hold works the same as in any truck by holding the brakes for a set period on inclines on a certain amount.

Tbh the new DAF’s only seem to be a problem when you have been sat stationary with the engine off as the air drops quickly on them at times but apparently that is the way it is designed. So you have to sit and idle til you have enough air to move off.

I’ve not experienced any delay whatsoever disengaging in the 22 plate I used to drive. I’m not a fan of tech for techs sake but I really liked the electronic park brake. It’s supposed to engage when you turn the ignition off also. I never fully trusted it enough to walk away without first checking though!

I’m driving a DAF now and I’ve nearly stalled it a couple of times by pressing the loud pedal and expecting it to automatically disengage the handbrake.

The delay is not to bad ,
Just driven from Southampton to Andover ok

as advised above, just press the throttle and it will disengage, however, they are very problematic after a while, I’m running 5 of the new ones, and so far 3 have gone back into MAN for handbrake issues, 2 were a wire that rubbed on the chassis, shorted out and killed the handbrake switch which had to be replaced in both, and another found out it had stopped working when he tried to book to a delivery while on a slope and the handbrake totally failed to work. Hopefully MAN will soon get to grips with these issues as a whole.