MAN TGX Bonnet release

Hi guys

I’ve just inherited a 21 plate TGX 470 unit, lucky me. It’s the new shape one.

First niggle was the screen wash warning icon. I can’t see where the bonnet release is.

My new start time means I probably won’t see the other drivers, I’ve looked on Google and even browsed the manual which is in the cab (maybe I’m too impatient, I couldn’t find it).

Is the release mechanism near the steering wheel like the older model, or is it levers under the bonnet like a Merc? Any help gratefully received. I hope this model is as reliable as my outgoing MAN unit.

Try to locate a small lever in the footwell compartment at knee level or further down, or the lever is located under the front grill by sliding the hand to open it.

Thanks James, I’m going to work in half and hour so I’ll check again.

Not sure whether it’s changed on the 21model but on our 19 MAN’s the screen wash filler is on the outside on the passenger side steps. The top one.

Screen wash is passenger side steps on the new ones too,unscrew the cap and pull the filler funnel out,I’m currently running one of the new ones also,spoiled a good truck with all the crap they’ve put on em…

Thanks guys. Shift No 2 and I’ve now located and filled screen wash which was where you said it was, difficult to see from a standing position. The headlight bulb went but it was quite straight forward to replace thanks to my trusty torx screwdriver.

Still no idea how to lift bonnet.

Yorkielad:
Screen wash is passenger side steps on the new ones too,unscrew the cap and pull the filler funnel out,I’m currently running one of the new ones also,spoiled a good truck with all the crap they’ve put on em…

What crap have they put on them?

dexxy57:

Yorkielad:

What crap have they put on them?

Anything that beeps,bongs and flashes inside the cab,tbf I’m still getting used to it but prefer a no-frills,not over-complicated motor.

Are the steering wheels still like trying to turn around the Titanic? And those annoying huge door pillars that block out vulnerable road users such as motorcycles and cyclists?
And the older models used to regularly have engines blowing up due to bad batch of heat testing in Germany but only certain years of manufacture.

James

The steering wheel is better than my outgoing model, but the interior needs work. The heater control panel is not fixed that well into the dash, and the ‘mood lighting’ is poor. My old model had nice red lighting so you could see inside the cab at night. The floor/door panel lighting is distracting. Comfy mind.

The max cruise speed is set to 85kph although the limiter is 90kph with the aid of a right foot, so if you see me on the M5 surging past someone and slowing back to crawl, that’s why.

I tore out the fridge under the bunk and binned it in an older model as it was a pain and used the gap for additional storage and most annoying was how the cab curtains come off the railing with no stoppers so either use BluTac or Plastacine to stop that .

Does it only go max 85 cos its in economy mode??

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It’s permanently in efficiency mode. The other mode is called manoeuvre. You can still do 90 but only by putting your foot on the pedal.

cheersdrive:
It’s permanently in efficiency mode. The other mode is called manoeuvre. You can still do 90 but only by putting your foot on the pedal.

Ours are the same,can’t kick ours down either,it’s embarrassing on hills and thumbs permanently hovering over the off button on the steering wheel ready for the Eco-Roll kicking in before you’ve even made the peak of a hill(same rubbish as Scanias) Why do they have to put all this crap in em,the freight just needs to go from A-B,I’m happy with a comfy seat and a Radio,everything else is just an electronic problem waiting to happen…

cheersdrive:
Thanks guys. Shift No 2 and I’ve now located and filled screen wash which was where you said it was, difficult to see from a standing position. The headlight bulb went but it was quite straight forward to replace thanks to my trusty torx screwdriver.

Still no idea how to lift bonnet.

Don’t know if you ever figured it out but the release button is behind this middle part arrowed.

Stick two fingers in from the right and depress the button toward you.