Man tgx 500 e6 coolant tank owerflow

Flushed coolant, puted new coolant to the top of tank, all was ok drove it for few days it was not spending any coolant. After few days i opened tank cap started cold engine, tiny white foam started to appear, and coolant slowly startet to rise and owerflow out of tank. I closed cap and did 30 km on highway, after i parked saw that tube on tank cap spilled 1 liter and half of coolant. Next day did another 30 km again. What could be problem since all was ok until i started truck with cap open.

I have to mention my air compressor is leaking oil, heard compresion from it could ad pressure to cooling system, checked both radiator hoses and they were hot but soft on touch. Also no engine overheat, it isnt spending oil and water was clear. Did all pressure test on hoses, intercooler and egr

1. As soon as you remove the radiator cap you have no pressure in the system which will cause overflow hence the loss of coolant and soft hoses.

2. If indeed your compressor helps to pressurize the system, and it has an air leak you will duplicate 1 above.

3. If tap water has been added to top off the expansion tank? The white particles could be calcium, and unless it is rectified it will get worse.
    So I would do the following, Drain radiator and pull the thermostat, replace the thermostat housing don’t worry about the gasket, remove the radiator lower hose flush system by using a water hose in the lower radiator hose, do not make it a high pressure situation as tap water pressure is too much for the system to handle. Flush until the water runs clear without any white particles. Install a new thermostat and gasket, connect the lower hose leaving the system drained. Install a 50-50 mixture distilled water/anti freeze or premix coolant, I prefer green coolant. Run engine to make sure thermostat is open and fill radiator, make sure your overflow bottle is clean and connected properly. add water to it if it doesn’t show liquid, It has a cold and warn engine marks. You may also have to replace the hoses, incase they are breaking down.

4. I doubt this time of year would be any of the problem but Outside Temperature will cause a fluctuation in coolant levels.

When I was in the Army, as a last resort we used to pour a RAW EGG in to the radiator, which would find any leak and seal it. PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A LAST AND TEMPORARY REMEDY TO GET YOU HOME, IT SHOULD NOT BE USED ANY LONG THAN FINISHING YOU TASK. ANDTHE SYSTEM MUST BE THOROUGHLY CLEANED BEFORE DRIVING AGAIN.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your answer. It turned out cap had no seal, it wasent holding pressure at all, and was overflowing. The guy that drove truck before me said he had leaking problem too, was losing coolant on that owerflow tube too but there was sam presssure when i got truck. I guess it was bad cap seal problem, and the seal was totaly gone while i was driving, couss there was no pressure at all when i would open cap on warm engine.

Another thing is it says on radiator tank i should fill it to the top, near cap hose. When i fill it to max it really leaves 2 cm of free space, than when i open cap on on hot engine ( do this really slowly and careful it could burn you) it owerflows with bubles, than calms down few seconds, then another bubbles and owerflow, it spilla liter and half this way. Then i leave it with liter and half empty, drive, open cap on hot engine and all is ok and steday, no more bubbles, owerflow, i even did rpm to 3000 and all ok coolant steday…

Also if somebody can tell is there only 1 radiator tank or 2 on man tgx, i see only 1 tank with 2 caps, one green another yellow. I was said there should be radiator and expansion tank. Im new on this truck

YOU SHOULD NOT BE OPENNING THE RADIATOR CAP WHEN ITS HOT, IT ACTUALLY TELLS YOU NOT TO.
You should fill the tank via the overflow tank, its actually hot and cold so you know where to fill it to at different temperatures.