Man tgx 26.480 mpg

Hello guys.
Just would like to ask for the true mpg on the above vehicle please.
Kind regards.

If they haven’t improved the quality of MAN engines, then I would be more concerned about Miles per engine than MPG.
People tell me that the SCR models are better, but the 540 engine was always SCR and they didn’t cover themselves in glory either. There are many bitterly disappointed operators out there who will never, never buy another MAN truck.

10.35 mpg…

Outta mine the other day. I don’t usually bother with fuel figures but happened to be fiddling about with the trip computer.

Old John:
If they haven’t improved the quality of MAN engines, then I would be more concerned about Miles per engine than MPG.
People tell me that the SCR models are better, but the 540 engine was always SCR and they didn’t cover themselves in glory either. There are many bitterly disappointed operators out there who will never, never buy another MAN truck.

I absolutely love it :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
10.35 mpg…

Outta mine the other day. I don’t usually bother with fuel figures but happened to fiddling abolut with trip computer.

Cheers buddy. Could you please tell me how heavy are you (your truck :wink: ) loaded?

Driver Pete:

Old John:

I absolutely love it :smiley:

Each to their own lad , each to their own.
Theres lots of them on the road, and if I thought I could get one to do 10.35 per gallon it might be worth the risk of it spilling it’s guts out at four to five hundred thousand. ks.
I’m struggling to get seven mpg with the 480 Scania I’ve got just now, so that would make the MAN fifty percent better on fuel.However,there’s a fairly big fleet of MAN not far from me, and they average less than eight mpg. (Neither they nor me spend much time on motorways mind you)

Full load going…

South so around 40/41 tons.

Empty runnning for an hour and then 26 pallets of trays back that’d be around 5/6 tons.

Close coupled fridge trailer, cruise control where ever I can use it and the occaisional loud pedal to the floor from the lights.

No, I can’t remember how much diesel I put in.

From Lockerbie down to Newark cattle market but I usually average about 10-12mpg.

photo (13)a.jpg

42T gross Schimtz frigo,
Lurgan Co Armagh to Huntingdon.
MAN TGX XXL 480
on limiter max possible 8.3mpg Av on computer.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
42T gross Schimtz frigo,
MAN TGX XXL 480

That’ll be at…

62 mph then. :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

Big Truck:
42T gross Schimtz frigo,
MAN TGX XXL 480

That’ll be at…

62 mph then. :smiley:

Nope,

58.[emoji41][emoji847]

I used to get between 9 and 10.
Worked out by the office,not the on-board computer.

If you are thinking of getting a used one, then insist on a full, verifiable, MAN dealer service history, and check carefully to see that ALL the engine oil changes were done on time.

The engine isn’t a particularly strong one, and many of the failures are down to the wrong oil being used, the oil staying in the truck too long, valve clearances being allowed to get too tight, manifold bolts not being re-torqued etc.

Any sign of missing or bodged services, non-genuine filters etc … walk away or be prepared to pay!

Thank you guys. I’ve a good laugh reading some posts :slight_smile: allbeen very helpful.

But you just reassured me that DAF XF 460 euro 6 is my best bet for mpg :smiley: