MAN tgx.1844 criuise control cutting out

I didnt know whether to book it off or not but then I thought there is probably some wonderful reason they built this feature into the truck.
Maybe the computer didnt think I was concentrating enough…

Not many details to go on but my bet is just use your right foot and forget the technology…

Is it adaptive cruise control? If the sensor gets dirty or blocked it cuts out. Is there an option of non adaptive CC?

It is adaptive but it was cutting out when there were no other vehicles around usually when the speed starts to fall as you approach an incline

My DAF does the same thing, have a look at the menu and see if you can find ecoroll and turn it off. It still cuts out but takes a lot longer.

I thought the idea of ecoroll was it comes back on once the speed drops sufficently

Depending on the year and model of your vehicle, assuming 2nd Gen (not latest cab shape) if you select Menu and vehicle settings, there could be two eco selections, eco roll and eco cruise, you can select either one or both off, you’ll have to reselect each time you restart but after a day or two it becomes second nature.

Might also be worth selecting manual mode on the gearshift, a combination of manual mode and switching off eco cruise will see your vehicle climb hill and dale without that annoying power cut off lark…again all depends on model.

New Gen not nearly as compliant so if you have a new gen can’t help you but it might be worth trying manual mode assuming manual hasn’t been programmed out, i hope for your sake whoever ordered it hasn’t ticked the eco mode engine/box programming :open_mouth:

Ok thanks,they make everything so complicated now dont they

As said above
Menu, vehicle, settings, turn them both off…

Hey presto back to being a normal truck.

[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It cuts out when approaching junctions entries and exits or cross roads, so you become fully in charge of the vehicle and cant blame MAN if something happens. When on a downhill it tends to go into neutral and coast as a fuel saving measure

I know what youre saying.but it cuts out when youre on an a road nowhere near a roundabout.It thinks you are at a junction but you arent.
It just shows,you cant replace a human brain with a computer

Sploom:
I know what youre saying.but it cuts out when youre on an a road nowhere near a roundabout.It thinks you are at a junction but you arent.
It just shows,you cant replace a human brain with a computer

As I usually say, the driverless vehicles will give a whole new meaning to the IT term “blue screen of death”.

Those that understand vehicle automation usually praise that Teslas have the most advanced system. Take a look on how good it is.

youtu.be/yRdzIs4FJJg

Yes ,just had a look,terrible