MAN TGS

We bought a new MAN 440 8 wheeler in september and the fuel consumption is a bit high and she dont go that well for a 440 but perhaps as MAN say it will improve in time. The real annoyance to us is the gearchange in the 16 speed ZF. I believe the later TGAs and these TGSs have a cable change I was wondering if any of you guys had the same problems. The gear change baulks especially in low range and if you have to get low range going up a steep hill the driver says he has to stop and put it in 2nd. The local dealer has had it in for 1 half day and a full day and all they came up with is to change the oil to make sure it has the correct grade. :question:

Whats the mileage,new trucks tend to be slow and thirsty until they get 30k on the clock. I drove a TGA for a while and the gearbox was the best thing about it.

Last time I was in it she was just under 20k perhaps at 23k now. The back x-member has come loose twice and the dealer said a month ago he would get different bolts and we are still waiting. After the hols Swindon can have both barrels if I can get hold of the right chap to bollock

Mileage is still low so maybe things will get better in time,although i have to say from firsthand experience MAN trucks gave my alot of trouble-and it wasn’t just one it was a fleet of 39!