man tgs vs daf

Evening everyone what’s your views??. I currently drive a 2 year old euro 5 man tgs 400 L cab, and I’ve been offered a daf c.f. 440 space cab what would the differences be e.g. gearbox etc not sure I want to swap. Also are the days pre wired for microwave chain Ariel cheers.

CF not normally pre wired for microwave

DAF and MAN use the same ASTronic auto box, the main difference is, the gear selector switch goes the opposite way

there would be more room and storage space in the CF Skycab

the DAF would be by far the better truck

I’d probably have the DAF in your shoes.

Having done nights out in both (albeit rigid forms) I’d choose the Daf. Bunk is much better even on an oldish motor.

Not a fan of any of them to be honest. But one thing I will say about the MAN, is that it’s one of the most comfortable trucks I’ve driven.

damoq:
Not a fan of any of them to be honest. But one thing I will say about the MAN, is that it’s one of the most comfortable trucks I’ve driven.

When the interior isn’t falling apart around you.

Now I understand the gearbox is the same but is the software better or worse in the daf as the man is terrible

mr burns:
Now I understand the gearbox is the same but is the software better or worse in the daf as the man is terrible

Nope. Its still pants.

Scania all the way:)

Pimpdaddy:
Scania all the way:)

Little difference if any between the way the ZF auto box gearbox performs in either, you can polish a turd for ever but it’ll always be a turd.

I find the MAN’s clutch operation better, once you’ve fine tuned the way you use the throttle you can get them to move off and maneuver quite gently considering the limitations of the system…where the DAF’s clutch engagement is basicallly an on/off switch.

Engine quieter in the MAN, quieter still if you put the box in manual to stop satans gearbox revving the ■■■■ off it.