Man tgs 440 6x2 62 plate using coolant

Hi yet another euro5 failure, truck covered 105k started using coolant ,no visible leaks,into dealers back with new EGR manifold and new cooler(big one infront of the sump) luckily covered by warranty.

That’s EGR for you, described by the bloke that invented it as Possibly the worst thing you could ever do to a diesel engine :unamused:

I had a 57 plate one that was out of warranty and devolped the same water leak , i traded it in sharpish

TOECUTTER:
Hi yet another euro5 failure, truck covered 105k started using coolant ,no visible leaks,into dealers back with new EGR manifold and new cooler(big one infront of the sump) luckily covered by warranty.

How about checking the compressor.

Bking:

TOECUTTER:

WTF would you want to check the compressor for :question:

It has already been diagnosed as a faulty EGR valve and EGR cooler :open_mouth:

Talked to a guy the other day who was driving a kenworth with ■■■■■■■ EGR splattered on the bonnet in lettering.

I asked how the EGR was working out for him…

No so good aparently… the entire fleet has had a string of turbo failures, he is on number 9! and they are having a competition who is going to get number 10!

He has also had THREE full engine rebuilds…

The last one blew the turbo and the engine cooked itself at the same time…

Luckily for them its an agreed maintenance fleet.

Seriously someone should be held accountable for all these EGR problems, countries all around the world have nothing but issues…

offrd:
Talked to a guy the other day who was driving a kenworth with ■■■■■■■ EGR splattered on the bonnet in lettering.

I asked how the EGR was working out for him…

No so good aparently… the entire fleet has had a string of turbo failures, he is on number 9! and they are having a competition who is going to get number 10!

He has also had THREE full engine rebuilds…

The last one blew the turbo and the engine cooked itself at the same time…

Luckily for them its an agreed maintenance fleet.

Seriously someone should be held accountable for all these EGR problems, countries all around the world have nothing but issues…

If you think EGR is bad wait until it’s combined with a DPF and then even worse, add SCR into the mix :cry: :cry: :cry:

glad I am out of the job.things are going crazy.horse and cart are best.

newmercman:

Bking:

TOECUTTER:

WTF would you want to check the compressor for :question:

It has already been diagnosed as a faulty EGR valve and EGR cooler :open_mouth:

thanks for answering that one lol

Yes a computer told me so! Had one tell me a clutch was [zb]on saturday just a good job I checked the position sensor eh!"

Computers know it all!
Ever heard of gigo( garbage in garbage out.)

Gigo? Was that your nickname at fitter school?

newmercman:

Yes I remember you too Was it BSA but not the bike.

Bking:

newmercman:

Yes I remember you too Was it BSA but not the bike.

I thought you might remember me, I used to bump into you in the corridor when I was on my way to “Remember you don’t know it all” classes, I don’t think you had signed up for that one… :laughing:

Epic comeback nmm :sunglasses: