Man TGL 12.210 BB Day

Hi there doing a single day (for now) for a local company, anyway was just wondering if anyone has driven this motor or similar before and can give a little review on it. What is the gear box like etc.

I have only driven Daf and Iveco’s before and other than the gear box in the Daf I preferred the Iveco for space, how does the MAN TGL compare.

Thanks

Well seeing as no-one replied yesterday and I have not long finished my shift I will do a little review myself.

The little 12 tonne truck was a right hand full at the start of the day, with strong winds and a tiny wheelbase, I was getting blown all over, with the open landscape and the little Lincolnshire A roads. However when the scenery changed from fields to buildings, the little truck was a lot easier to control, even with the big gusts of wind! All in all the vehicle felt a lot bigger than it was, from outside it was a dinky thing but inside you felt safe and had plenty of space.

The cab was spacious I would compare it to the Stallis day cab 18 tonne rigid I have driven in the past, although the steering wheel isn’t as stupidly big as the Strallis. So overall lots of room for a little truck. The interior was one of the better one’s I have seen, the plastics were not the cheap tatty type found in the Iveco’s and I preferred it to the Daf CF and LF’s I have driven. I would even say it’s better than the Scania’s I have driven although they were pretty old compared.

Engine and power, this wagon had a 210 hp 6lt engine, plenty of power for the load I was carrying today probably only maxed out at 7.5 tonne as I only had 3 pallets on. Never had any complaints or the need for any more power, delivery was smooth and didn’t get overtaken at all on the motorways which is a nice change when i’m used to 83kmph on co-op work.

Gearbox, now I’m torn! This was the first Auto I have EVER driven, be it car or truck although I have had a rev and go. (does that count?) It was really sluggish pulling away from roundabouts or from junctions and where I would normally have plenty of space in a manual truck I was looking a bit of a nob head drive who was chancing his luck. However how much less stress full is an auto, my God I never want to drive a manual again (apart from reversing).

Conclusion, great, great, great little truck! It’s agile, confidence inspiring, comfortable, spacious and above all earned me a wage!

Was a pleasure to spend 13.5 in there (less breaks and other work)

good review you working for man :wink: i agree with all youve said out of the 7.5t trucks that are out there i think the mans the best one.the dafs are horrble with very little room and a brake pedal you have to push through the floor to stop. the ivecos are plastic and just crap

hyper26:
good review you working for man :wink: i agree with all youve said out of the 7.5t trucks that are out there i think the mans the best one.the dafs are horrble with very little room and a brake pedal you have to push through the floor to stop. the ivecos are plastic and just crap

Ha ha, not as bad as a Mitsubishi Cantor with disc brakes, I can assure you :wink:

quaser:

hyper26:

Ha ha, not as bad as a Mitsubishi Cantor with disc brakes, I can assure you :wink:

Lol you have had the pleasure off driving one then, first thing I drove at 19 till I was 21 needs two feet and a big jump on the brake pedal to stop it when loaded and a calliper would seize every other month there’s was no thrashing about in it cause you can’t stop them! Good write up to the op enjoyed reading it.

Ha! You were never sent out in a Ford D Series at the age of 17… Those were the days etc etc :smiley: