MAN TGA XXL - iPod connection?

I am having the same problem but i dont know how to get the stereo out of my man tg 440 62 plate can anyone help there please

Is there not anything in one of the storage cabinets or something ? Like in some cars, the auxiliary connectors are in the glovebox, so perhaps MAN thought that they should do the same. It’s mainly a method of both having less mess and wires in the way of the controls and to stop the driver from distracting themselves with an iPod. Have a snoop around, you may see something. Either the phono connectors (red & white) or the 3,5mm jack.

How do you pull the head unit out ?

I’ve got an 08 Plate TGA XXL, and and want to know if there’s any sort of iPod connection on the back of the stereo or somewhere else i’ve not seen?
I dont really want to remove the stereo from the dashboard if i can help it, but if i have to i will.
(FYI its a new shape TGA, with the stereo the fills half the dashboard!!)

Any help greatly appreciated

Take the stereo out and see if it has an auxiliary connection on the back think its the easiest way

Does it have mode selection I.e radio,cd? If it does when you press it does it come up with aux? If it does then you can assume it has a plug on the back if it doesn’t then I doubt it will have an aux output.

Beetie:
Take the stereo out and see if it has an auxiliary connection on the back think its the easiest way

Is your radio the standard MAN (Blaupunkt) radio? If yes it does.

paulfromwire:

Beetie:

Is your radio the standard MAN (Blaupunkt) radio? If yes it does.

Its the standard MAN Headunit, but it is one of the big ones that are about 3 times the size of a normal radio and it has no markings on it as to a manufacturer. I am kinda hoping that if the had iPod connections on the older ones they will on the new ones.

get yourself one of these

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripdock

problem solved :wink:

shade:
get yourself one of these

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripdock

problem solved :wink:

I’ve got one and they are cack, unless you unplug the antenna lead from the back of the head unit so it doesnt pick up any stations, but then its aggro when you wanna listen to the radio! LOL

BuzzardBoy:
I’ve got an 08 Plate TGA XXL, and and want to know if there’s any sort of iPod connection on the back of the stereo or somewhere else i’ve not seen?
I dont really want to remove the stereo from the dashboard if i can help it, but if i have to i will.

a quick phone call to any MAN dealer would have provided the correct answer hours ago :unamused:

Got new TGX 2mnths ago think its got the same headunit as yours, i was lookin at that possibility coz my ipod is my saviour but bad news, no can do! As already posted get yourself one of those FM modulators like the Griffin iTrip or Belkin, i got the former… One other thing the cig lighter is 24v my Griffin iTrip is only 12v, there is a 12v socket but its the hella socket in the MAN, you can get an adaptor or run couple wires up to the cig lighter makin it 12v… Caution though don’t waste your money on one of the cheaper FM mods that has a fly lead that plugs into the headphone socket of the ipod/mp3 player, they’re mince, volume really low even with the vehicle stereo volume turned right up… Hope this helps

hipsway:
Got new TGX 2mnths ago think its got the same headunit as yours, i was lookin at that possibility coz my ipod is my saviour but bad news, no can do! As already posted get yourself one of those FM modulators like the Griffin iTrip or Belkin, i got the former… One other thing the cig lighter is 24v my Griffin iTrip is only 12v, there is a 12v socket but its the hella socket in the MAN, you can get an adaptor or run couple wires up to the cig lighter makin it 12v… Caution though don’t waste your money on one of the cheaper FM mods that has a fly lead that plugs into the headphone socket of the ipod/mp3 player, they’re mince, volume really low even with the vehicle stereo volume turned right up… Hope this helps

I dont know what iTrip you use, but the ones i have used dont need external power supply, they run off the power of the iPod.

Just checked its a Griffin Roadtrip with gooseneck holder! Yeah they are pretty pap compared with CD quality but they’re the best you can get, got something to do with having limited RF power (EU regulations to stop interference), but my mate got a Belkin something don’t know the mod, but anyway we was running down one night on M6 he was in middle lane back my trailer i could tune my stereo into the freq. he was TX on, could hear it crystal clear, myGriffin didn’t give same distance before quality deteriorated… Vehicle antenna lead is meant to be connected to vehicle head unit for best reception but that also means your also going to pick up every other spurious interference or distant radio station coming through as well, joys of radio i’m afraid… Works better where there are less FM stations closely spaced together so avoid just about the whole of UK below Blackpool split…!

Vascoingles:

BuzzardBoy:

a quick phone call to any MAN dealer would have provided the correct answer hours ago :unamused:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

thats really helpful, thanks for your contribution.

Take the stereo out, see if it has a mini iso connection, thats like a block connector for the speakers, but really tiny should have about 6-8 pins, if so i think you might be able to connect something up…

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Signal-input-AUX- … 1e587f3d62
Something like this would fit…