MAN TGA 18.430

As title my gaffer has just ordered 2 of these with the โ€œLโ€ cab, one tractor and one ridged to replace my ERF ec11 and our ec6.
Does anyone or has any one drive/driven one and what do you think of them are they o.k. (got to be better than the ec11 :slight_smile: ). The only differance I can see on the spec between the โ€œLXโ€ and the โ€œLโ€ cab is air con and a fancy alarm clock but maybe someone might know of a few more, they also come with the MAN Tipmatic automated 12 speed gearbox :open_mouth: not sure about this as i have never driven one apart from a bin wagon which was very strange with forward neutral and reverse.
Thanks.

donโ€™t worry be happy itโ€™s got to be better than an EC11:wink:

:confused: Drove the manual version and surprised to see the comfort button missing. It was the wide low roof cab, whatever that is. The engine dint half seem very similar to the โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– โ–  engine, even though it was an MAN, all whiney and peaky. It also had, what used to be, the ERF style cheaper clocks with the chrome trim โ– โ–  This one was virtually brand new and had the usual buttons to adjust the mirrors, but one was already not working.

Sorry my opinion they are cheap nasty badly designed pants. :wink: :blush:

got 410 with tipmatic box, driveline very good gearbox lots of problems when tempreture drops below 7 degrees, had lots & lots & lots of probs. temp. was minus 13 in belgium this year (not the norm) and box did not go past 6th untill i had driven down hrd shoulder for 20 km , i have had an upgrade with harware and software BUT i am not sure this will cure prob, ad i still have probs. in cold weather. the secret is build p air pressure and select manuel, change gear in manuel till engine and gearbox wram up, once it is all at operation temp. you will have no worrys, the [zb] just does not like cold mornings, you need to coax her, sorry gone on hic Iโ€™m relaxed.

Np, gone on edit. Lib :wink:.