MAN side locker cables

Anyone know an easy way to replace a broken side locker cable on my 2007 MAN TGA please and it is the drivers side one. Help in undoing the locker would help as well please. Thanks in advance.

Trophyrider:
Anyone know an easy way to replace a broken side locker cable on my 2007 MAN TGA please and it is the drivers side one. Help in undoing the locker would help as well please. Thanks in advance.

Can you not access it by lifting the bunk up and coming in from the top ?

bald bloke:

Trophyrider:

Can you not access it by lifting the bunk up and coming in from the top ?

In mine you can only access the passenger side from under the bed. Is it just the plastic handle that’s gone or the whole mechanism? I had to loop tie wraps to get mine open where the plastic handle should be.

If irs the same as a 54 plate there is only 1 way in

Remove the plastic piece that the cable handle sits in, then if you look through the hole you will see 2 plastic plugs in bottom of locker near the centre of the door.
Squeeze your hand and arm through and prise these plugs out… Under there is 2 bolts with torx heads, Poss T25 but not sure, remove these bolts and open door with locking mechanism attatched.

I had to enlarge the hole to get my arm through with a stanley knife, I left it so the plastic piece still covers it when refitted
If you look at the other side, you will get an idea of how it all fits and tork/socket size. Passenger side is accessible under bunk if that cable snaps

Its a cr@p design

Good luck

Steve

Mine was broke never bothered with it, just pulled the cable with a pair of pliers.

Mine was broken on the other end, nothing to pull with pliers

SteveWalsh:
Mine was broken on the other end, nothing to pull with pliers

you got no teeth then :question: