MAN Recall ?

My wagon is going in for a recall next week, she’s a 6 mth old TGX 26 440, no one in the office seems to know why, even our Fitters won’t tell me. Any one know what the recall is on these models ?

(waiting for the ■■■■ Takes cos’ it’s a MAN :laughing: )

A couple of ours were recalled for something to do with the brakes on the second axle.

‘SHE’ is obviously a mystery! No change there I’m afraid. Always have been and always will be! :wink:

There have been a lot of recalls for MANs. most get done on the six weekly, the latest one is for the air-con pipes but wouldnt imagine it`s that as none of the dealers can get hold of pipes.If your gaffer asks they will tell him. Wont be a safety issue or else it would be an immediate recall.

Thanks Chaps !

As there’s so many recalls, they’ll probably just Tap it with a Hammer in a few places & reset a couple of sensors just to say they’ve done something. :laughing:

martinviking:
My wagon is going in for a recall next week, she’s a 6 mth old TGX 26 440, no one in the office seems to know why, even our Fitters won’t tell me. Any one know what the recall is on these models ?

http://www.recalluk.com/latest/man-vehicle-recall.aspx#P_MAN%20TGX

Have a look here. then decide if you want to carry on driving it till its been checked!
TGX list ranges from loose wiring to wheel bearings may fail, and other scary stuff that could fail whilst your driving!! lol.

weeto:

martinviking:

http://www.recalluk.com/latest/man-vehicle-recall.aspx#P_MAN%20TGX

Have a look here. then decide if you want to carry on driving it till its been checked!
TGX list ranges from loose wiring to wheel bearings may fail, and other scary stuff that could fail whilst your driving!! lol.

Gulp !
Think I might just sit in it & make Brrrm Brrrm noises until they sort it out ! LOL.

:laughing:

My Renault Premium is going to Border Trucks Bellshill on Monday for a recall. 7hr job apparently, but like the OP, I don’t know what the recall is! :angry:

There is a problem with the engine,leaking coolant or oil, i know a firm that has had about 6 trucks that have broken down with this problem.

damoq:
My Renault Premium is going to Border Trucks Bellshill on Monday for a recall. 7hr job apparently, but like the OP, I don’t know what the recall is! :angry:

New Compressor and APM I should think :frowning:

Steve

the spanish have recalled aload of 440 and 480 Tgx something to do with the pistons Mazo from valencia had a few recalled recently so i heard

neversweat1:

damoq:

Steve

I looked on the VOSA recall list and couldn’t see anything about it there. What’s wrong with the compressor and all its Gubbins?

damoq:

neversweat1:

damoq:

Steve

I looked on the VOSA recall list and couldn’t see anything about it there. What’s wrong with the compressor and all its Gubbins?

Customer Care Measure rather than a Recall

Steve

Them damned wee GUBINS things again eh. I am pleased they hadn’y ony o them in the auld days. The only recalls in the auld days were back tae DAD’s ARMY.

Right !

Finally M50 (my tractor unit) went in for recall & warning lights last Friday.
Left most of my stuff in her, as it was only going to be a couple if days !

So far they’ve done the recall work (something to do with an engine cover ?)but not sorted the warning lights yet, 1st they thought it was the ‘Lamber’ sensor ■■?
Now they are saying that it might be a wiring fault !

She’s done 50,000 + km

I’ve got my old tractor/M41 for the foreseeable future, I havn’t been in it for 6 months & it needs a good clean, suppose if I get back early enough tomorrow I might give her a quick Splash with the Jet Wash. (But then again it’s Friday & the Cider Fairy will be beckoning !)

Do you enjoy being in a man, Martin?

martinviking:

Hi, the two latest ones are a rocker box mod ( fire risk) and air dryer change !

merc0447:
Do you enjoy being in a man, Martin?

Rather be in a 'Wo’Man :laughing:

I don’t mind being in a Man, haven’t got much choice really, unless I leave !
They’ve got their issues like the plastics that keep falling off, some of it being driver abuse, but if you look after them, they do the job that they were brought for.
They pull ok up the hills, both my new one with 59,262 km & the 11 plate that I’ve got at the moment 318,000 km seem to perform the same, with both still getting between 7-10 mpg. (depending how much weight they’re carrying)
Plenty of room inside with the walk through cab, all the usual stuff- Air con, night heater, radio/cd player, ‘Steering Wheel’ :open_mouth: & the beds not too bad.
All in all, I think they are good for a few years, then start to look a bit tatty, whereas the Volvo’s, Scania’s & Merc’s of this world do tend to last a bit longer.

Our resident/self employed fitter has recommended moving back to Merc’s if & when the Boss buys any more, gotta admit-the new Actros does look the BIZ :sunglasses:

You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

TOECUTTER:

martinviking:

Hi, the two latest ones are a rocker box mod ( fire risk) and air dryer change !

I think that’s what our fitter said, but I wasn’t really listening at the time, he was on about Lambers, sensors & warning lights, & it went over my head at that point :unamused:
I just want my motor back :imp: 5 days so far, they could have built another on in that time :unamused: