MAN multimedia system

New unit today, 68 plate MAN- all good, Bluetooth activated for phone but pressing media- source- only gives option of SD card not Bluetooth streaming- thoughts anyone?
TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you pick “MAN MMT” when pairing your phone?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone and bring up the list of attached devices. Look at the Profiles for the MAN device and ensure Multimedia Audio is switched On.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

On mine if I connect manually because I’ve left the cab with my phone then gone back and it’s disconnected I press the phone button the it says connect phone. Tap that and it should show your phone. Tap that then a list of options comes up. Connect all is one of them. This always works for me.

Thanks for quick reply- I need to see if I can access Bluetooth profiles in IPhone- think that may have disappeared in a more recent upgrade?
Will have a look over weekend and report back start of the week[emoji1]

If you find a way let me know!

Ours will not connect for love nor money! They say BT enable, it sees phone but damned if it gives any option to connect!!

End up having to use USB but then obviously no hands free.

Not sure if somehow our lot have disabled them connecting, if that’s possible.

If you still have bother, connect your phone using the USB socket on the dash…

You can stream stuff that way…

As the 2 USB’s next to bunk are ‘charge only’…

dcgpx:

Ours will not connect for love nor money! They say BT enable, it sees phone but damned if it gives any option to connect!!

Don’t know if it helps, but on earlier MANs (ours are 65 plate) all the connecting etc is done from the phone, not from the lorry. You just take the menu option (on the lorry) to pair a new device, then do everything else on the phone.

Roymondo:

dcgpx:

Don’t know if it helps, but on earlier MANs (ours are 65 plate) all the connecting etc is done from the phone, not from the lorry. You just take the menu option (on the lorry) to pair a new device, then do everything else on the phone.

That’s the problem it won’t pair [emoji853] I’ll try again Monday when back in. Honestly don’t think I i tried to do it all on phone?

Worth a try

dcgpx:
That’s the problem it won’t pair [emoji853] I’ll try again Monday when back in. Honestly don’t think I i tried to do it all on phone?

Worth a try

On ours, you have to simply tap the option to “Pair new device” on the lorry’s head unit. Then on the phone go into the Bluetooth settings, enable Bluetooth, make it visible to other devices and simply wait until “MAN MMT” shows in the list of available devices. Tap on that entry, enter the passcode (default is 1234) and a few seconds later pairing is complete. Note that there can be a lengthy delay before “MAN MMT” appears in the list.

Roymondo:

dcgpx:

Worth a try

On ours, you have to simply tap the option to “Pair new device” on the lorry’s head unit. Then on the phone go into the Bluetooth settings, enable Bluetooth, make it visible to other devices and simply wait until “MAN MMT” shows in the list of available devices. Tap on that entry, enter the passcode (default is 1234) and a few seconds later pairing is complete. Note that there can be a lengthy delay before “MAN MMT” appears in the list.

Ok thanks for that I’ll try it. I def didn’t wait too long so must have missed it and thought not working perhaps

Winnifred1:
New unit today, 68 plate MAN- all good, Bluetooth activated for phone but pressing media- source- only gives option of SD card not Bluetooth streaming- thoughts anyone?
TIA

On 16 plate TGX, assuming you have managed to pair your phone, if you press the Media button once you get AUX. However if you press it a 2nd time, it chooses Bluetooth audio. Then on your phone run whatever app you want and it works…

That’s what I do with my iPhone anyway… Hopefully the 68 plates work in the same way.

Captain_Amateur:

Winnifred1:
TIA

On 16 plate TGX, assuming you have managed to pair your phone, if you press the Media button once you get AUX. However if you press it a 2nd time, it chooses Bluetooth audio. Then on your phone run whatever app you want and it works…

That’s what I do with my iPhone anyway… Hopefully the 68 plates work in the same way.

No they don’t work same way as totally different radio

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Captain_Amateur:

Winnifred1:
TIA

No they don’t work same way as totally different radio

The newer media unit does look different. However, it is not impossible that it works in a similar way. It would only take a few seconds to try it.

I can’t get my I tunes to play through the radio on my 18 plate. Our 68 plates however have no such problem.

Thanks for all replies so far- no joy with changing profiles on iPhone- I remember this used to be an option but I’m guessing that upgrades have removed it…
Just to be clear this is the new multimedia system( all worked fine on older 13 plate MAN with pressing auxiliary/ media button twice as suggested above) but thus is what I see when I try to play media from my Bluetooth connected phone.
I’ve tried to “ AirPlay “ to head unit from phone but that doesn’t work either!
Will post later when I get some progress( hopefully!)
And yes, before anyone tells me, I’m aware this is very much a 1st world problem!

The radio in my 18 plate is totally different to the one in our 64 plater. I guess yours in the 68 will be the same as mine? I’ve had no problems connecting my iPhone 8 to it to do hands free and music streaming. Maybe it’s a feature you have to pay for? Mines sat nav as well. Is yours?

No sat nav on mine matey

mine does it automaticaly every time all you have to do if you want to stream music is press media select blutooth and up she pops play music all day if i need to best system ive had in years and the sound is best yet so if you set it up proper it will work proper the guy from man did mine and have three phone connected all the time

Hold tight here we go, it’s a brand new truck, did it come with a handbook.

Leaves building.