MAN M2000 Help needed with edc problem non starter

Hi Guys.i could do with some help with a problem I have in workshop at moment.The truck in question is a 2004 MAN M2000l Evolution 6x2 it’s been looked at by various fitters but to no avail.The story I have is it was parked up at night ok but wouldn’t start next morning.fuel filters changed.lift pump changed.injection pump changed all of known good vehicle all fuel lines cleaned.This is when I have been given job.There is plenty of fuel at injectors but not enough pressure to open them.ive also noticed that edc light is not on at all and I have no live feed down to injector pump plug.ive checked wiring from pump to cab and multi plug under cab but all ok.struggling to get wiring diagrams of anyone.could anyone offer some advice maybe a common problem I’ve not done much on man.Pm me if you could help cheers.

Dead ECU? This is when employing or getting someone in who knows how to diagnose engine management systems is worth the money. This is when spending £2000+ on a proper diagnostic tool is worth the money.

If your company isn’t willing to spend the money like a HGV “garage” in Malton one firm I’ve driven for won’t, I suggest saying that they need to take it to a main dealer who has the proper gear.

Check all the bulkhead electrical connectors above the pedals very, very carefully. I had a similar, but not identical, problem on one of these some years ago, this was due to the pins not making a good contact.

Hi guys.Thanks for your replys.we do have Texa diagnostics but won’t recognise the truck due to its age ive spoke to man who told us how to wire up for blink codes but no fault exists in Ecu.i did forget to say that they had tried another ecru from good truck.but no change.i will try plugs above pedals when I’m back on Tuesday but all ideas appreciated.

It’ll be getting to the point where the labour costs outweigh the value of the truck. A 2004 MAN can’t be worth a whole lot.

Conor:
It’ll be getting to the point where the labour costs outweigh the value of the truck. A 2004 MAN can’t be worth a whole lot.

Maybe not in your eyes but it’s somebody’s bread and butter :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Conor:

It doesn’t work quite like that. When the fault is eventually found is when the hours of labour start being knocked off the bill until something sensible is arrived at.

Could it be an immobiliser problem? These can often be behind starting problems with no fault codes.

Conor:
Dead ECU? This is when employing or getting someone in who knows how to diagnose engine management systems is worth the money. This is when spending £2000+ on a proper diagnostic tool is worth the money.

If your company isn’t willing to spend the money like a HGV “garage” in Malton one firm I’ve driven for won’t, I suggest saying that they need to take it to a main dealer who has the proper gear.

So in summary you have no constructive input to offer at all?