Man LE 12.220 gearbox leak

Sorry, don’t have any photos but there’s a leak coming from the bottom of my gearbox, not bad but noticeable because it looks very clean compared to the rest of it. I am just wondering if someone could in the short term tell me here on the gearbox the fill hole is. Had a quick look but couldn’t see anything.

It doesn’t get used much but don’t want to drive it 50 miles to my mechanic without at least putting some oil in. I know I should use someone local but I’ve known my mechanic for 10+ years and trust him.

Also, what oil is the best to use.

The lorry is pictured below.

You mite have more luck looking for a level plug on the side .

I didn’t realize they had these things, guess it’s the same sort of setup as a rear diff. Just harder to get at?

Never worked on man ,but I’d think there would be a level plug on one side ,just remove and pour oil in until it runs out .

Punchy Dan:
Never worked on man ,but I’d think there would be a level plug on one side ,just remove and pour oil in until it runs out .

I shall do the best I can.

It’ll either be a 17mm or 22mm bung on the side of the box depending which box is fitted.

be a little careful what oil you put in as some transmission oil cannot be used if bronze type bearings are used as it destroys the bearing, I cannot find the codes but it was on the Halfords web site. I would use the man recommended oil.

TBH unless it’s ■■■■■■ a huge slick out it should be fine for 50 miles.