MAN fuel tank.

Anyone know what the capacity is on an MAN fuel tank please? It says on the tank 480l but not sure if I believe that or not. I’m parked in the middle of nowhere in Lincolnshire and the nearest shell or uk fuels garage in the direction I’m going is 70 miles away in Grimsby. Got quarter of a tank left but with 50 miles empty running to do across the wolds I’m not sure if I dare risk it!! I would have thought that quarter of a tank will do 100 miles easy but it does seem to disappear quick when it hits the quarter mark.

Mines a 400l, when its on empty, it still has about 100l left in, the gauges are crap.

Can you not dip the tank?

mines got a 480l sticker on it and the most i have ever got in is 455litres so i would say its about right, On the quarter mark i can go from Middlesbrough to Scunny and back loaded both ways so you shouldnt have a problem doing what yo need to do

sorry that should be m,bro to Leeds and back, dont want you thinking you can run all day on a quarter of a tank :wink:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Can you not dip the tank?

I can dip it but I still won’t be any wiser. How long will 6 or 8 inches last?!? In terms of fuel :slight_smile:

chaversdad:
mines got a 480l sticker on it and the most i have ever got in is 455litres so i would say its about right, On the quarter mark i can go from Middlesbrough to Scunny and back loaded both ways so you shouldnt have a problem doing what yo need to do

sorry that should be m,bro to Leeds and back, dont want you thinking you can run all day on a quarter of a tank :wink:

Bloody hell was gonna say how the hell you get that consumption. My only worry is its all single carriage roads up hill and down dale and I get nervous when I’m low in fuel!! If it runs out, I’m the one who pays for it!

450 tanks on the TGX’s we’ve got at work, pity the screen wash and the adblue tanks weren’t as big :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

selby newcomer:
450 tanks on the TGX’s we’ve got at work, pity the screen wash and the adblue tanks weren’t as big :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Mines a TGA but I’m sure the tanks are the same. I know what you mean about the screenwash tank it’s crap int it. Have MAN started using adblue now? They were all EGR before.

seriously mate you will ■■■■ 70 miles on a quarter of a tank, i came back from Tilbury to Darlington last week with 12 ton on and i was just over the quarter mark when i left Tilbury, still only got 420lts in when i got back to Darlington

xfmatt:

selby newcomer:

Mines a TGA but I’m sure the tanks are the same. I know what you mean about the screenwash tank it’s crap int it. Have MAN started using adblue now? They were all EGR before.

Yep, we’ve got 62 plate TGX’s and we thought MAN’s never used adblue until they turned up, the size of the tank is ridiculous, I left Doncaster with 3/4 of a tank, went to Swindon, reloaded in slough and had to stop and Northampton on the way back to chuck a tub of adblue in :open_mouth:

1/4 is loads on a standard man tank. I’ve done a good 50miles with the low fuel sign coming on the dash and still found i had quite abit left when i refuelled.

xfmatt:
How long will 6 or 8 inches last?!? :slight_smile:

Ooh err.

tga tank is 480 and when it flashes upto refuel ypu still have about 150 litres in it
when it flashes up refuel reset the trip meter and put the trip consumpion up on the readout :wink: failin that just stick a ■■■ packet over the fuel gauge :smiley:

I can’t see it being an issue, but surely the gaffer isn’t going to have a problem reimbursing you £20 / £30 if you really think you ain’t gonna make it?

stevieboy308:
I can’t see it being an issue, but surely the gaffer isn’t going to have a problem reimbursing you £20 / £30 if you really think you ain’t gonna make it?

I am the gaffer!!! There’s no hgv suitable garages between Lincoln and mablethorpe where I was heading so it wasn’t an option. Anyway I got to the shell station at Grimsby just as the light came on and luckily they’d just had a delivery.

Spilsby Road, Horncastle, Lincolnshire LN9 6NH
HGV friendly
easy when you sat at home huh :slight_smile:

xfmatt:
luckily they’d just had a delivery.

Didnt realise Grimsby was suffering from a fuel shortage :smiley:

Sounds fishy to me :smiley:

gonzothejaffa1:
tga tank is 480 and when it flashes upto refuel ypu still have about 150 litres in it
when it flashes up refuel reset the trip meter and put the trip consumpion up on the readout :wink:

failin that just stick a ■■■ packet over the fuel gauge :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:

100litres left when the light comes on.