Man-flu...a ''super strain''

Anybody else got/had this virus thingy thats doing the rounds at the minute?? Started last W’day evening, felt a bit achey so i decided to have a boiling hot bath in the hope of sweating it out before it took hold. Got to work at 9pm, felt ok but still ached loads so after doing my tacho i retreated to the canteen instead of ‘Lepers Corner’ to join the other ‘dirty smoking gits’. As the night wore on i was feeling bloody cold but i put this down to lack of movement so i mooched back down to the office to be told that the last pallet had just gone on and paper-work is on that pallet. Good stuff…it’s thursday night and this is it for the week, will be able to tidy the garden as it’s gonna be warmer this w/end. After Passing Warwick Svc’s i suddenly had a massive chill run right through my body and i felt ice-cold co on went the heated seat. It seemed the hotter i got, the colder i felt so on went the night heater. By the time i’d got to Cannock i felt as if i was frosting over…every little movement would send this surge of ‘ice’ through me. Skip 3.5hrs (didn’t see Trucker Johns ‘Phantom Flasher’ at j7 or the man himself for that matter) to base and to say i felt rough was an understatement. My Head was throbbing, my vision was blurry, me hearing was strange and i felt like i had been hit by a train and just got up and walked away…abandoned the wagon on a bay and went home…thats when it really kicked in. Stripped of and got into a warm bed (wifey does like to warm my side up…unless i had just missed something :open_mouth: :slight_smile: ) and within 2 minutes i was shivering that hard, i woke her up…i was bloody freezing…but sweating like a paedo at a kids party. I had that drunk feeling (room spinning etc etc) and could not sleep. This went on until 11am when exhaustion finally got the better and i dozed of…till 4 pm Saturday :open_mouth: . Not feeling as cold Sunday afternoon so went to work…something i realised i shouldn’t have done when i climbed from the cab at the other end. The action of opening the door, swinging out and climbing down the steps left me dizzy and light-headed and i wanted to throw up. After tipping i thought i’d be ok to get back and set of. It wasn’t until the Oxfordshire end that i noticed i was having problems keeping it in a straight line and i was approaching the lights at M40 j9 way to fast…i could not get a sence of my speed. Got back and parked up, came home and after a cup of tea went to bed. No Shivering last night but any ‘rapid’ movements and i’m waiting for my brain and vision to catchup so tonight is a night at home…just after they were good enough to give me an extra days holiday for no sick leave last year…or the other 5 before that :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: Oh, ain’t had a ■■■ for 4 days now and have not had a craveing for one…heres hoping, i’d love to give 'em up

oh yes and it likes me so much so its morphed in to pneumonia so it can hang around me longer

started last thursday was getting abit cold while tipping with the hiab so ran back to the cab put the heater on full and warmed up was ok then till i got home on the night when the hot and cold sweats hit me, the room started to spin and i was coughing up crap, friday morning felt abit better so thought work ill see it off, felt fine all the way from our yard up to middlesborough for my first drop and most of the way to leeds for my last drop, got my tip and i was shivering so bad and that was with a t shirt;jumper fleece and hi viz coat and 2 pairs of trousers on, had to stop several times on the way back to the yard friday night as i couldnt see properly, got the missus to get my an apt at the docs for sat morning where he said its the seasonal flu should clear up after 4 days

after spending the weekend shivering, coughing up lumps of blood and sweating like the last turkey in the shop on xmas eve i went to the local a&e this morning where the doc diagnosed pneumonia and told me to have at least 2 weeks off work and rest and keep warm

so if you catch the flu dont be clever and think ill go to work stay home and get well, or you could end up like me

The main reasons people have colds and flu is that their homes are to hot with central heating and no fresh air get the windows open and if your a bit cold put a jumper on. I have never had a cold or flu even thru this little bit of cold i have not had the heating on in the house. only in the truck to get rid of condensation on the screens if its to hot as in heated environments it makes me feel tired. Natural heat sun never a problem have worked in 50 degrees no problems. At the moment you go shopping i have to get and out quick its just to hot in the shops.

Actrosman:
Anybody else got/had this virus thingy thats doing the rounds at the minute?? Started last W’day evening, felt a bit achey so i decided to have a boiling hot bath in the hope of sweating it out before it took hold. Got to work at 9pm, felt ok but still ached loads so after doing my tacho i retreated to the canteen instead of ‘Lepers Corner’ to join the other ‘dirty smoking gits’. As the night wore on i was feeling bloody cold but i put this down to lack of movement so i mooched back down to the office to be told that the last pallet had just gone on and paper-work is on that pallet. Good stuff…it’s thursday night and this is it for the week, will be able to tidy the garden as it’s gonna be warmer this w/end. After Passing Warwick Svc’s i suddenly had a massive chill run right through my body and i felt ice-cold co on went the heated seat. It seemed the hotter i got, the colder i felt so on went the night heater. By the time i’d got to Cannock i felt as if i was frosting over…every little movement would send this surge of ‘ice’ through me. Skip 3.5hrs (didn’t see Trucker Johns ‘Phantom Flasher’ at j7 or the man himself for that matter) to base and to say i felt rough was an understatement. My Head was throbbing, my vision was blurry, me hearing was strange and i felt like i had been hit by a train and just got up and walked away…abandoned the wagon on a bay and went home…thats when it really kicked in. Stripped of and got into a warm bed (wifey does like to warm my side up…unless i had just missed something :open_mouth: :slight_smile: ) and within 2 minutes i was shivering that hard, i woke her up…i was bloody freezing…but sweating like a paedo at a kids party. I had that drunk feeling (room spinning etc etc) and could not sleep. This went on until 11am when exhaustion finally got the better and i dozed of…till 4 pm Saturday :open_mouth: . Not feeling as cold Sunday afternoon so went to work…something i realised i shouldn’t have done when i climbed from the cab at the other end. The action of opening the door, swinging out and climbing down the steps left me dizzy and light-headed and i wanted to throw up. After tipping i thought i’d be ok to get back and set of. It wasn’t until the Oxfordshire end that i noticed i was having problems keeping it in a straight line and i was approaching the lights at M40 j9 way to fast…i could not get a sence of my speed. Got back and parked up, came home and after a cup of tea went to bed. No Shivering last night but any ‘rapid’ movements and i’m waiting for my brain and vision to catchup so tonight is a night at home…just after they were good enough to give me an extra days holiday for no sick leave last year…or the other 5 before that :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: Oh, ain’t had a ■■■ for 4 days now and have not had a craveing for one…heres hoping, i’d love to give 'em up

you weren’t too sick to look though! :wink:

We passed each other at some point mate, i got on at j11 at 0320

Had similar thing middle of last week upto weekend; luckily I was on easy jobs with plenty of teatime between loads to recover. Climbing in the cab wore me out and found myself nodding off when not actually driving. Still not totally over it, but advice to help reduce symtoms is to gargle antiseptic Listerine 2 to 3 times a day-it kills the bacteria in the back of the throat where most bugs and colds start…

I am into my 3rd day and I can’t ever remember feeling this ill, everything is as same as what you have posted, Lucky on saturday I managed to limp home with my tail between my legs before it really kicked in, sunday was very bad and today, felt ok until I got to work then wish I had phoned it, again lucky for me today there wasn’t much to deliver so I told the forklift truck guy to drop the pallets on a flat bed 3.5 ton van and I will do a couple of short trips.

I hope the 4 day rule above works out, it’s killing me!!! honestly I am lying in bed and the thought of death no longer scares me, I am sure I have started to see dead people!!!

Couldnt get out of bed yesterday, led there with the heating on full and 2 duvets and still shivering like a bugger. Almost phoned in sick but felt a bit better this morning, still would have preferred the day on bed tho.

Had it all week - never been this ill before. Doc said it is truckers’ flu - like man flu only much worse. Lots of fluids, paracetamol (did she mean lots of that??) and antibiotics. She said i was very brave :laughing: :laughing:

Hope it goes by the weekend - off to Lanzarote for Xmas :sunglasses:

gardun:
Had it all week - never been this ill before. Doc said it is truckers’ flu - like man flu only much worse. Lots of fluids, paracetamol (did she mean lots of that??) and antibiotics. She said i was very brave :lol: :laughing:

I want a a doctor like yours, I have had no sympathy off human nor animal well I am now 6th day into it, and still standing… just, still got a cough that is going to leave me with a 6 - pack and my lungs the wrong way round the fuzzy head is now within levels of being able to put up with, but what are this night fevers/cold sweats all about?

ebabes:
I want a a doctor like yours, I have had no sympathy off human nor animal

You leave me to my dreams :laughing: :laughing:

gardun:
Had it all week - never been this ill before. Doc said it is truckers’ flu - like man flu only much worse. Lots of fluids, paracetamol (did she mean lots of that??) and antibiotics. She said i was very brave :laughing: :laughing:

Thats PALLETLINEITUS youve got Gary :smiley: Itold you it would get you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: