MAN Euro 6

Seem to have kept this fairly quiet…

TGX Euro 6 vehicles being recalled due to a fire risk relating to the turbo
Put mine back into the dealers today (only registered last week) to be checked where it was promptly ‘off-roaded’ immediately with no sign as to when the issue would be resolved and the truck returned.

Bless em.

■■? i had a recall notice for the euro 4’s with a possible leak from the head gasket . but nothing on Euro 6 yet ■■?

Nothing on there site except a recall in 2012 for leaking oil/turbo pipes (risk of fire)

Spoke to the dealer this evening and he is expecting 90 trucks to be recalled…?Like I said’ they seem to be keeping it very quiet

The parent company don’t exactly advertise their car’s failings.

Juddian:
The parent company don’t exactly advertise their car’s failings.

agree totally. vag rubbish.

Jesus, you’d think MAN would have made sure they were bullet proof after the oil pump fiasco rofl. :frowning:

This isn’t the new 15
Litre lump is it? Hopefully they’re iron.

My mate was on about heat issues with his this morn,now going back in again lots of issues with electrics,boss is not happy and had ago at man,changing to mercs or possibly dafswhen due for change in a few months.
Said the same as me,really comfortable truck but 2xbreakdowns in 2 weeks and now going in again ,not good .
Said issues with all of them,engine gone on another

Say what you like about Scania’s, at least they bloody work properly.

Silver_Surfer:

Does that include the egr 420s with rods poking through the crankcase or the 8x4 tippers with banana shaped chassis’s. As has been said before VAG are very good at keeping things quiet.

scania are 10 times better in every way. those man trucks are trouble and have been since 2001.

Silver_Surfer:

Aye … nearly sold mine for a MAN :sunglasses: glad I didnt