Man engine break

Does not a new man tgx have engine break lever? I can see it engaging automatically while breaking but cant find any lever to do it manually. Hope i look smart enough with such a question :slight_smile:

Have you pressed the button on end of r/h stalk ? or look on dash and see if there’s a switch

No lever as such - just a button on the end of one of the steering column stalks. I think you can also go into the on-screen menus and change the behaviour of the exhaust brake so that it operates whenever you take your foot off the accelerator - at least that’s what we were told by one of our in-house driver trainers (mind you, the stuff he didn’t know or got 100% wrong led me to take most of what he said with a pinch of salt…).

right, that makes sense now, so its the button at the end of the r/h stalk, not the lever

Priest:
right, that makes sense now, so its the button at the end of the r/h stalk, not the lever

Yep and not the outer collar around the button either that switches from auto to manual shifting

Priest:
Does not a new man tgx have engine break lever? I can see it engaging automatically while breaking but cant find any lever to do it manually. Hope i look smart enough with such a question :slight_smile:

As others have said, it’s the button on the right hand stalk. I will add though, it’s worth turning the auto exhaust brake off using the button on the centre console (5th button on the top row IIRC) for a smoother coast up to roundabouts and junctions.

If you use manual gear selection to maximise exhaust braking by keeping it right at the top of the extended green section (which you’ll notice is a lot higher with exhauster button pressed), you be surprised how little you have to use the vehicle’s brakes at all during normal driving.
I you stay in auto pressing that button you will find the vehicle will make better deceleration rate and keep the revs higher than just normal braking with auto exhauster on, but still not as good or as manageable as manual input IMO.

Agree with flicking the end button (instead of on the panel) to switch manual exhauster off if you stay in auto as you make a final approach to a stop, the sudden and unecessary downshift it will make from 7th to 5th is most unpleasant.

cheers, understood :smiley: :sunglasses: