Man dies when truck plunged into dock

Doesn’t say if it was the driver.
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Man-dies-truck-plunges-water-Immingham-Docks/story-28838322-detail/story.html

Dangerous places docks .

Can remember loading in Exmouth with my dad in the 70’s …

When a truck came out a grain shed and drove straight in the drink .

Luckily a barge thing broke his fall and driver jumped out before truck sank .

Whoops

Going by Grimsby telegraph,could possibly be a digger that’s went off quayside,although nobody seems too sure,have to wait and see,sad to hear anytime about things like this, they are very dangerous places even on a summer’s day

Remember seeing a photo of a truck in the dock at Lowestoft, long time ago, and don’t know the circumstances, other than it was a bulker.

What ever has happened in Grimsby, its a sad day for the family and friends of the dead Man, RIP.

the cowboy:
Going by Grimsby telegraph,could possibly be a digger that’s went off quayside,although nobody seems too sure,have to wait and see,sad to hear anytime about things like this, they are very dangerous places even on a summer’s day

I got told by someone working there it was a loading shovel working on the scrap

grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Immin … story.html

I knew the deceased very well… Such a shame, RIP mate. As he has not been formally identified I’ll not mention his name out of respect.

R.I.P Sad news :frowning: :frowning:

Heard the body was found near hull. The Humbers tide is about 13 knots.

Sad to hear

RIP Drive…

It was a loading shovel that went in. They pulled it out today. Upside-down… It’s hit everyone on the dock hard. And it was in the dock basin it’s self on the mineral Quay.

Rip driver.

Radar19:

They closed the gates to the dock, ship was held and they recovered his body nearby. They are not sure if he had heart attack or passed out prior to the incident as the shovel reversed approximately 20 metres on tickover before entering the water.

All on cctv there was no movement from the cab!

Hopefully he was dead or unconscious before you hitting the water, in the nicest way of course.

Radar19:

:slight_smile: Where did you hear that crap ? drivers waiting room I suspect !!

4 to 5 knots maximum on the biggest of the spring tides.

The body found in Hull was a body of a missing man from hull who’s been missing since early Februar.